Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Rebecca

Welcome To The Moderating Team, Johne!

Please join me in welcoming @Johne (formerly known as Phy) as the newest moderator of our ChristianWriters.com team! :)

Johne is from Southern Wisconsin, husband to Linda, father to two grown children, grandfather to three. He's been a Technical Writer for 18 years, has run his own Space Opera e-zine, and writes SF/F fiction in his free time. He's sold a dozen short stories to zines which are no longer in publication and has written three unpublished novels. Johne is working on his debut novel right now, a Fantasy Noir which will be out sometime in 2019. He likes God, Film Noir, Space Opera, and the Green Bay Packers.  Johne has been at ChristianWriters.com since 2005 and considers these forums his favorite writing site on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Bekka for asking me! It is a great honor and I join some smart, dedicated people.

One question I get often is "How do you say your name?" I used to say something ambiguous but, honestly, I now say "it's Johne with a silent vanity 'e.'" (My family and some of my oldest friends still refer to me as 'Johnny.' - you can go home again but you can't outgrow your nickname.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Johne, it is great to have you in the moderator team! I am not sure about being a Green Bay fan, but it could be worse. Could be Dallas  I am a Patriots fan myself.  😄 Its all good!

• Haha 1

Congrats!  We are happy to have you here as a moderator!  Not sure I'll ever remember the name change.  Now please let's all celebrate with a happy dance!  

• Haha 1

Following you on several different platforms, so the change of handle no shock here.

Congratulations! May the oddities be always in your flavor!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johne said:

you can go home again but you can't outgrow your nickname.)

Welcome Johne! I can tell my oldest friends because they're the ones that still call me Kenny :)

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, Johne said:

you can go home again but you can't outgrow your nickname.

I understand. My birth name is very formal. As a child, most of those who knew me who were my age called me a shortened version of it. As I grew older, they used my birth name. In college, everyone knew me by that nickname from my childhood. Now, I am on at least my third go around with answering to the childhood nickname. 

Congratulations on you appointment.

• Like 1

Congratulations @Johne

I've not been a member that long but you've always tried to help everyone with suggestions and guidance. I believe that you will be great.

• Like 1