Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hi all,

I thought I'd post here while trying to gain enough points to see the other forums.

Anyway, I've been in IT for a lot of years, but I've recently decided to change careers to something I feel is more meaningful. With that in mind, I've gone back to school to major in psychology with the goal of becoming a Christian counselor. I do realize that secular psychology has some issues when viewed through the lens of scripture, but I also believe God gives us the ability to learn from his creation and the insights gained from human observation have some value if filtered through scripture and when coming from the starting point of a Christian world view. Scripture must have authority, but to deny the insights of psychological science is to deny our God given ability to reason and observe.

It is also with the mindset of coming from a Christian world view with the supremacy of scripture and the glory of God in mind that I want to finally write this novel I've had in mind for so long. I think there is room for a good fictional story told from a Christian perspective without preaching or beating the reader over the head with theology. So mush writing today seems to be full of blasphemy, sex, and anything titillating to get attention.

Just some thoughts...

Ken  

2 hours ago, kfoster825 said:

I think there is room for a good fictional story told from a Christian perspective without preaching or beating the reader over the head with theology. So mush writing today seems to be full of blasphemy, sex, and anything titillating to get attention.

This is so true. There is definitely room for a story like that. That is exactly what I'm fixing to do, as well. God bless you on your journey!

I think it is tough to not only change careers but to go back to school too. But Gods will will put you where you are meant to be. That is awesome, I will be praying for you!