Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
zx1ninja

I Give Thanks For ...

I give thanks for a God who loves me enough to send His son to come get me. A son who loves me enough to die for me. Both who love me enough to forgive me and still provide all my needs.

• Like 4

I give thanks for my God, and Savor!  For my husband, children, home, and the wonderful blessing of food.  I give thanks for the wonderful second family I have found here.  I also give thanks for this little toddler in my lap that keeps poking my eye to make sure it really is part of my face.  😊

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Alley said:

I also give thanks for this little toddler in my lap that keeps poking my eye to make sure it really is part of my face

You already know but, enjoy it while you can.

• Like 1

I give thanks to God, who always teaches me what I need to learn, for His saving me from my sins. I also give thanks to Him for my husband of 50 years and our son who has made something of his life despite a serious congenital condition. I also give thanks for my church family, several who stood by me through some very difficult periods of my life.  

• Like 4

I give thanks for our loving Heavenly Father, my crazy family, and my family in Christ I have found here ❤️

..And the crazy child singing into her daddy's flashlight which doubles as a phone.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Shadowjess said:

.And the crazy child singing into her daddy's flashlight which doubles as a phone.

This would make quite a  scene.  Enjoy your day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, quietspirit said:

This would make quite a  scene.  Enjoy your day.

It does. Thank you! 😊

• Like 1

I give thanks for Gods mercy and compassion. I mess up everyday, and do not feel worthy but thankfully God loves me and forgives me! Thank you Jesus!

• Like 2

I give thanks for being able to celebrate Christmas for the first time as a christian:)

No longer am I scrooge, bitterly resentful about having to spend my money on adults who have jobs and can buy their own stuff. I insisted on a tree for the first time since I was a kid. We hung stockings! I know it SOUNDS like materialism...but it isn't. It isn't about presents...it is about celebrating the birth of Christ....regardless of when he was actually born or the origins of the holiday lol. 

1 minute ago, Melly said:

.it is about celebrating the birth of Christ....

My kids said we needed a cake to celebrate Jesus's Birthday.  So we have birthday cake every Christmas.  ;)

I'm so happy for you Melly!  Welcome home.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alley said:

My kids said we needed a cake to celebrate Jesus's Birthday.  So we have birthday cake every Christmas.  ;)

I'm so happy for you Melly!  Welcome home.  

That is adorable:)

And thank you!

9 hours ago, Melly said:

I give thanks for being able to celebrate Christmas for the first time as a christian:)

Welcome to the family Melly! ❤️

These are all wonderful thanks. And I thank the Lord for them as well. But there's one thing I praise the Lord for every day: that He allowed me to wake up. (When you get old, you think like that! ;) ) \0/

4 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

(When you get old, you think like that! ;) )

That's right. I also praise Him when he allows me to get out of a chair and move.

5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

But there's one thing I praise the Lord for every day: that He allowed me to wake up.

I'm very thankful for that!