Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

New Kid

Hey, I'm a new kid around here! I joined up per the request of my very good friend, Nicola! 

I'm a wife, a mother and I love to write stories! Fantasy and Historical Fiction are my two favorites.

My life is pretty busy with two toddlers running around the house, so please don't assume I'm stuck-up if it takes me forever to reply. The truth is, I don't use the internet that much, and I don't even own one of those smartphone thingies.

I spend my free time writing and imagining. 

Currently, I'm writing a Historical Fiction Romance that takes place during Civil War era Savannah.

I do have one book that I self-published somewhat recently, because my family and friends wanted their own copies. I have zero interest in writing as a career. That ship passed long ago, and I'm glad it did.

All I want to do is love God, love my family and write my books--and yes, sometimes, self-publish so my family and friends can have their own copies of my stories.

Well, that's about it.

TTFN--ta ta for now.

Hello Ella, it's great to meet another friend of Nicola's!  She's sweet as honey and draws in new friends the same.  We are happy to have you here!  From a historical fantasy romance writer to a historical fiction romance writer, I can't wait to read your work!  

Edited by Alley

Thank you, Rebecca and Alley! Yes, Nicola is sweet, sweet, sweet!

She actually told me about you, Alley, so I already knew about your love of writing historical romance!

I look forward to getting to know you both, as well as your writing.

Blessings. ♥

Welcome to our writing family, EllaRose. So glad Nicola invited you over to play. ;) You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

17 hours ago, Shadowjess said:

Welcome Ella! This is a fun place to be! From one fantasy writer to another I hope you get as much encouragement as I have! Which is a lot!

Thank you, Shadowjess! Pleased to meet another Fantasy writer! 

3 hours ago, Shadowjess said:

If you ever want to chat about story or character development, feel free to send me a message ?

Thank you! Right now, I'm working on a Historical Fiction Romance, but I have also written one chapter of the next Fantasy I plan to write. The Fantasy is still in the "imagination" phase, because I've been devoting my energy to the Historical Fiction. 

I say the same to you. I love to talk about writing, so if you'd ever like my advice or help, just let me know!

1 hour ago, EllaRose said:

I say the same to you. I love to talk about writing, so if you'd ever like my advice or help, just let me know!

Will do!  ?

On 11/15/2018 at 1:24 PM, Claire Tucker said:

Welcome, Ella! 

Thank you, Claire!

On 11/17/2018 at 11:10 AM, Nicola said:

C'mon guys. It hurts when I blush. Welcome Ella Rose.  You are among really good people here.  

Thank you, Nicola! ♥

Welcome, Ella Rose. You've got the right attitude. Even if a writer wants to pursue a career, God, family, and writing for the joy of it should come first. Everything falls into place after that. Having that mindset takes the pressure off too.