Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Why Is Writing So Difficult?

Thanks Lynn!  I feel her pain.  

I have all manner of stories happening in my head.  The difficult part is connecting with computers and pens.  Lately, I've had a spate of computer crashes due to water spillage and buying cheap batteries.  Yes, everything is backed up, but the reloading takes time away from the writing.  (I have to wait for others).  

I confess that I am distracted by the audiobook narration fun.  I am discovering a world of wonderful stories that others have written.  All grist to the mill, I hope.  Reading is good for writing, and maybe this audiobook thing will build my platform!

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry about your computer problems. Always so frustrating. So glad it's all backed up. Having to wait does feel like wasted time, doesn't it? Hope all is fixed now. :)

No, its not fixed.  I'm waiting on my files returning to Scrivener.  It involves something called unzipping.  Sounds a little racy to me.  

I feel like somebody's been spilling all my secrets online. That's a very insightful post. Thank you for sharing!

# 3 for me!  Oh, I have complete confidence in the story.  It's my ability to tell you the story I doubt!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

. Saying a prayer for you. :D

God hears you!  I just connected with a man who recommends a friend for website building.  I really need to do that, and I do trust this man's recommendation.  Thank you for praying!  

1 minute ago, Nicola said:

I just connected with a man who recommends a friend for website building.

Nice!  Here's a celebration cookie!  🍪

Nevermind.  They want too much money to maintain the website. 

Ok, I'm changing my answer.  Writing is hard because it costs big money to do what people want me to do for free. 

hey want too much money to maintain the website. 

Sorry, Nicola!  Internet hug for you!!!  

Just now, Alley said:

Sorry, Nicola!  Internet hug for you!!!  

Thanks!  You are kind and supportive.  I think I'll post this as a goal in the Helping Hands club.  Get a website up and running.  AAHHHHHH! what am I saying? 

I think I'll post this as a goal in the Helping Hands club.  Get a website up and running.  AAHHHHHH! what am I saying?

Do it!  I'll be adding get my channel up and running at some point.  o_O  There's a reason we need accountability.  

On 11/9/2018 at 7:59 AM, Nicola said:

I confess that I am distracted by the audiobook narration fun.

And all of it is valuable for education on writing. (Don't tell me that you can read that script without editing it in your head.)

My answer, which I think beats them all:

Because you haven't sought out the education.

(Writing seems to be the only profession where everyone thinks they don't need it. Or they make excuses to anyone who suggests such a path.)

30 minutes ago, Steven Hutson said:

(Don't tell me that you can read that script without editing it in your head.)

You got me!  (Don't tell the authors I'm working for.)

On 11/9/2018 at 1:26 PM, Nicola said:

Ok, I'm changing my answer.  Writing is hard because it costs big money to do what people want me to do for free. 

Now you're talking!

On 11/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, Nicola said:

Get a website up and running. 

OK, I have a question. For all practical purposes, what's the difference (to the reader) between a website and a blog? I know that some blog URLs have ".blog" in there somewhere, but some people have street addresses and others have PO Boxes. Is there a difference in the way the information comes across?

If blogspot is seen in a URL, they are on Blogger. To look professional, that should not be part of your address.

Blogs are a type of website. A blog is more personal, sometimes used for selling, many times not. It will have articles/content that are updated frequently. A website is more of a static storefront. To sell. However, they can have articles as well. Some websites will also list Blog in their listing bar. It depends on the purpose of the person, company, ministry, or whatever.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, Alley said:

Oh, I have complete confidence in the story.  It's my ability to tell you the story I doubt!

No, you know that I have complete confidence in you, Alley!