Nanowrimo 2018 - Who's On Board?

Rebecca

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2018 at 04:00 AM

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 5:57 PM, Sibermom65 said:

A writing buddy is much of what you choose it to be. It can be no more than someone who follows your progress, or it can be someone who you can chat with, exchange ideas, or read and critique (not criticize) what the other offers for comments. I would be happy to be a writing buddy for you, whether you do Nano or not. If you do sign up, my "handle" is Sibermom.

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back around to this topic. I probably won't participate in Nano this year, since I have about umpteen other projects in the works right now and am struggling to get them finished. I would appreciate a writing buddy if you feel up for it!

My chapters 1 and 2 are in the critique forum right now and I'm pounding my head on the keyboard for 3 (as Alley can tell you. My handwritten chapter 3 I've pretty much had to throw out)

Short of time? How well I understand that!  When my oldest was that age, I wondered how my neighbor found the time to do all the things she did, and was even "bored" enough to enroll in a college class. Then one afternoon I solved the mystery - her 2 yr. old was still taking long naps twice a day. Mine had given up naps by that age.

My munchkin is restless and resists naps most of the time! When she does nap, it's because she's snuggling with me and falls asleep on my arm. Usually I have to have the hubby watch her to get anything done.

Have you considered trying Dragon or one of the other programs where you only have to speak into the mic? You could be rocking a child, folding laundry, or washing dishes while you "write". Of course, it would take a little extra editing later to remove things like ""Answer the phone" or "No, no! Don't touch!"

I haven't considered it. It could be a possibility, but I don't like talking very much haha. Also with 4 adults in the house it might be awkward. "Who are you talking to?" "I'm writing a story." (Insert weirded out looks here)

Anyway, feel free to send me a message. :) I Don't bite... Often.

Oooo a challenge with so little information. Okay, at the risk of failing  I'll give it whirl.

Blessing bullets

Grace Gun

Resurrection revolver

Guns of God

The Pharisee (I actually kind of like this one)

Oh heck,even I think these are pretty lame, but maybe they will inspire you somehow.. If something better comes to mind I'll let you know.

3 minutes ago, zx1ninja said:

Oooo a challenge with so little information. Okay, at the risk of failing  I'll give it whirl.

Blessing bullets

Grace Gun

Resurrection revolver

Guns of God

The Pharisee (I actually kind of like this one)

Oh heck,even I think these are pretty lame, but maybe they will inspire you somehow.. If something better comes to mind I'll let you know.

I have to chime in at least one cheesy title:

Holy Smokes

Blazing Glory

Blessed Thunder 

(I'll quit now and go hide) ?

"A US Marshal retires after a dramatic gun battle in Old West Texas. Relocating to a new town, he attempts to redeem his life in spiritual pursuits when he finds himself in the middle of an attempt to rob a gold shipment."

Blazing Glory's not bad! THe whole story hinges on a US Marshall who got into a gunfight and a lot of people died. He retires to go live in another area. All he wants is a room to rent and to study his Bible. But outlaws have his new town in mind for the staging of a gold shipment...

And it's going to be a shoootout. The piciture of Lee Van Clief should sum up the end of the movie.

Yes, I said piciture.

Temporarily I'm using Blazing Glory for now. Ally's got some great suggestions. And Z will no doubt suggest something great shortly.

No pressure. 

I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

12 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

A US Marshal retires after a dramatic gun battle in Old West Texas. Relocating to a new town, he attempts to redeem his life in spiritual pursuits when he finds himself in the middle of an attempt to rob a gold shipment."

You'll have to put some of it up on here :)   It sounds like my kind of book!

10 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

a US Marshall who got into a gunfight and a lot of people died. He retires to go live in another area. All he wants is a room to rent and to study his Bible. But outlaws have his new town in mind for the staging of a gold shipment...

And it's going to be a shoootout.

Umm

Forced Redemption Glory

still thinking?

Guest Steven Hutson
On 10/22/2018 at 9:18 AM, Phy said:

I use NaNoWriMo as a great tool for Pantsing the rough first draft of a novel.

Great idea. Whatever motivates you to start, and make substantial progress.

A Warrior's Redemption

Revolving Mercy

Powder Keg and a Bible

Blackpower Trails  or Blackpowder Trails and Tribulations

The Flintlock Pastor

Reloading Marshall

Marshal of Mercy

Holy Reaper

Redeeming the Marshall

Reaping Grace

Guns and Glory

36 minutes ago, Alley said:

A Warrior's Redemption

Revolving Mercy

Powder Keg and a Bible

Blackpower Trails  or Blackpowder Trails and Tribulations

The Flintlock Pastor

Reloading Marshall

Marshal of Mercy

Holy Reaper

Redeeming the Marshall

Reaping Grace

Guns and Glory

I like redeeming the Marshall 

1 hour ago, HK1 said:

You'll have to put some of it up on here :)   It sounds like my kind of book!

Thanks!

...people here are prone to correcting my novel and making it like a million times better...

...wait...

...that sounds like a good idea!

Thanks. I did it quickly. Wanted a gun next to a Bible, and I think it looks too... I dunno, noire kind of.

If anyone can do a better job, please... feel free. I just did one because Nano wants you to do one.

Archived