Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Looking For Some Male Pov

Hi everyone!  I am looking for some male perspective on a WIP.  I'm hoping to narrow down what all the man will be dealing with, so I can use this to draw my character to the Lord as he looks for the answers he needs.  This is a touchy subject that will deal with human trafficking and the effects.  I asked several of the men about another character and learned that I received the most honest answers through private message.  So if you would be interested please PM me.  Also, in the spirit of transparency, I share an e-mail with my husband, so any and all conversations can be read by him.  

Edited by Alley

Hi Alley...I can't seem to PM but I'd be happy to offer my opinions if you like.

Also, I've been married happily for 30 years and my wife has complete access to my computer and all my correspondence...otherwise I would not feel comfortable messaging a woman.

• Thanks 1

Hello Kfoster,

I would love some more insight!  When you have caught up with the comments, please let me know!  Just a warning, my book deals with some very hard topics that I hope to shine God's light on.  In the book, I'm working I'm dealing with the topic of human trafficking.  If this makes you uncomfortable, I do understand, and won't have my feeling hurt.  

1 hour ago, kfoster825 said:

Also, I've been married happily for 30 years and my wife has complete access to my computer and all my correspondence...otherwise I would not feel comfortable messaging a woman.

I've been married about half of that time, and my husband and I also share an e-mail.  He has access to every conversation I have.  It's really good to see someone else that this as seriously as I do!  ?   Although, I have found most of the guys on this site take accountability seriously.  I love that!  

I just realized that I repeated everything I just said in the first post.  Sorry!  It's been a while sents I wrote it, and I should have read what I said first.  :$

Michael, up at the top in the blue banner on the right, to the left of the triangle are two thought/word clouds. That's what you click on if you would like to send someone a private message. :)

If your book is dealing with human trafficking I may be able to shed a lot of light on the subject. The book I've been working on deals with the subject, including countries that seem look the other way.  

• Thanks 1

Alley,

Is your character a victim of the human trafficking, the trafficker himself or the one of the buyers?

FYI: Glenn Beck and Tim Ballard started an organization, Operation Underground Railroad, and are using retired special forces to rescue boys and young girls from sex slavery. They have rescued 1,765 victims so far. 

https://ourrescue.org/

John

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your offer @Blaine1948 to help.  I have finished this book, but at a later time when I start revisions would love some extra input!  

@John Sellers My character is a victim of human trafficking, and some of the men that rescue them.  Thank you so much for the resource!  I hope that this book will point light on this very hard topic and will be an opportunity to help those going through this, and those who help them.  

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1

Alley

I hope your book will shed more light on the tragic, widespread and little talked about human nightmare of sex slavery.

BTW Jim Caviezel (Jesus in The Passion) is making a movie about Operation Underground Railroad.  

https://fox13now.com/2018/05/27/3-questions-with-bob-evans-actor-jim-caviezel-and-o-u-r-founder-tim-ballard-on-fighting-sex-trafficking/ 

John

Edited by John Sellers
  • Thanks 1