Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
RADerdeyn

The Man Who Invented Christmas

If I did this right, the link below will lead you to a trailer for (The Man Who Invented Christmas), a really charming movie about writing and writer's block. The best thing about this movie, from my point of view was how well it dramatized how the creative process (and your characters) can almost take control of a story.

It's a (slightly fantastical) story about how Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol.

This is on Amazon right now, and if you have Prime, you can stream it for free.

Edited by RADerdeyn
  • Like 1

With the name, The Man Who Invented Christmas, I was expecting something completely different.  

That said, Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors.  Please tell me it is a movie, and not something exclusive to Amazon Prime.  

Posted (edited)

I usually avoid digging up old topics like this, but I just finished this movie. Wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a solid, well done production.  And it featured something we can all (unfortunately) relate to... writer's block!

It was fascinating to see Dickens's writing process in action. Very different from mine. If my wife caught me talking to my characters like that, she'd probably have me locked up.

I highly recommend this movie.

Edited by Accord64
  • Like 1

I saw this when it first came out and am happy to hear it has more fans!  

Posted (edited)

Dickens: "I'm the author here!"

Scrooge: "Allegedly."

HA! I often hear that when I'm writing. 

Edited by Accord64

On 5/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, Accord64 said:

If my wife caught me talking to my characters like that, she'd probably have me locked up.

I think my wife wants to lock me up anyway, so I figure I'll just start talking to my characters. Maybe I can get some inspiration there...

10 minutes ago, RADerdeyn said:

inspiration

Hey! It is good to see you again!! 

Is this child appropriate?