Anomaly

RivkaPeary

Hello fellow poets and poetry aficionados

I recently went to get my phone upgraded at a local cell phone shop.  I brought a few books to read while I was waiting for a salesperson to become available to help me.  When the wait was over and I was being helped by salesman that I think missed his calling as a surfer dude, he commented that I was quite an anomaly since I brought in an actual hardcopy book to read in a cell phone store.  He said that everyone else had their face in their phones while they waited.  I went home after the sale and pondered what it means to be an anomaly, which I considered to be a compliment.  Here are my thoughts in poetry on being an anomaly:

Anomaly

What does it mean

To be an anomaly

What does it mean

To color outside majority

To outlie definity

What does it mean

To wait expectant

For drifting inspiration

Floating along on the breeze

What does it mean

To cast off into a storm

To hear and fear the warnings

But to leap out anyway

Holding nothing only hope and faith

What does it mean

To live so long to get so familiar with the waves

Their tossing churning crashing breaking

That the storm becomes its own kind of peace

What does it mean

To know what cannot break you

To stand on the tangible unseen

What does it mean

To believe

• 2 weeks later...

This is beautiful and makes me think about the many times I have went to the Lord and asked him to help me.The Bible is a wonderful place to begin the faith journey and read about all these people who believed, and struggled and prayed.Thank you for this wonderful reminder of what it means to believe in God.

17 hours ago, Murwyn said:

This is beautiful and makes me think about the many times I have went to the Lord and asked him to help me.The Bible is a wonderful place to begin the faith journey and read about all these people who believed, and struggled and prayed.Thank you for this wonderful reminder of what it means to believe in God.

Thank you, Murwyn for your kind and encouraging feedback.  :)  

• 7 months later...

Archived