Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
jean22

How Do I Market To Joel Osteens Audience?

How can I reach audiences like Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, and Joyce Meyers without spending huge amounts of cash? How exactly do Christian Authors reach all Christians?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, jean22 said:

How exactly do Christian Authors reach all Christians?

I'm not a marketing expert, but I think trying to "reach all Christians" is not a realistic goal -  at least not without spending a boatload of money (which you'd probably never earn back).

I would focus on defining the segment of Christian's that your genre would attract. For instance, if you're writing fantasy then you might focus in on what segment of Christians would enjoy reading CS Lewis (Narnia series).   

I agree with Accord. You might also check with the ministries you mentioned (and any others) to see if they have a monthly magazine and is it open to writers on the outside of the ministries.

Also, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D

To reach Osteen's audience you have to speak Osteen's language. I'd read Norman Vincent Peale and learn how to say what Peale says, and essentially that would reach Osteen's audience.

• Thanks 1

Olsteen is a "brand" and you know what to expect from his theology and his approach. Like Nicholas said, you have to walk and talk like Olsteen. Or if you wish to reach out to TD Jakes audience, you must copy his brand. However, even in you likeness of their brand you much have your own voice, personality and essentially your own brand.  It's like that with any author who is successful. Forming your own brand comes from your blog, your website, and your other social media.  It's kinda like forming who you want to present to the Christian world and how you want them to perceive you. 

Guest Steven Hutson
On 8/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, jean22 said:

How exactly do Christian Authors reach all Christians?

They don't. And frankly it's pointless, because no single book is a god fit for all.

Osteen has an audience for the kind of message he preaches.
Meyer has an audience for the kind of message she preaches.
Likewise Jakes, Graham, Copeland, Bakker, and so on.

An Osteen reader is not necessarily a natural reader for Jakes, or for you.

Find your subset, and go from there.

Guest Steven Hutson
On 8/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, DrRita said:

Olsteen is a "brand" and you know what to expect from his theology and his approach. Like Nicholas said, you have to walk and talk like Olsteen. Or if you wish to reach out to TD Jakes audience, you must copy his brand.

Precisely, yes.

Guest Steven Hutson
On 8/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

I'd read Norman Vincent Peale and learn how to say what Peale says, and essentially that would reach Osteen's audience.

Except, your message might be entirely different from either of them. Gotta find your true comps.