Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrErnie

Spiritual Christianity In Silicon Valley

Hi all, I'm a physicist, (technology) evangelist, and spiritual entrepreneur living in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, California).  

I grew up in the church. While I never lost my faith that God exists, I often wrestled with whether God was relevant to the challenges I and others faced.  Having come out the other side, I am passionate about trying to articulate Jesus in a way that answers the questions people are subconsciously asking.

This is especially poignant for me, as my wife and I are trying to raise our two precocious and self-willed children with a "resilient" faith.  We have seen too many parents do "everything right" by the cultural standards of the church only to alienate them by failing to make their faith real.

My latest attempt is a series of blog posts for my daughter (who is getting baptized at age seven), which I am hoping to turn into a book:

https://2transform.us/2018/06/28/lesson-1-you-and-god-anjalis-catechism/

Look forward to hanging out with you all!

Welcome to our writing family, Ernie. Glad you joined us. So glad you've renewed your faith. That's great about your daughter's baptism and your blogpost. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your family and writing! :D

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters DrErnie! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

Welcome! "Train you children in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it." I'm living proof of being raised with this approach, so go for it! And blessings on your writing!

DrErnie,

Best of everything to you, your family, and your writing. Blessings daily!

Welcome, DrErnie! It's really inspiring to hear a story about someone who wrestled with their faith and came out stronger in it. Best of luck with your writing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.