Let's Practice Writing Your Bio

lynnmosher

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did this one today for my author website:

Linda’s early life was shaped by the Colorado mountains, where she grew up. While in college studying to be a teacher, she converted to Catholicism. Linda left school to be home with her mother who was temporarily bedridden. When her mother was better, Linda married her high school sweetheart and joined him in Germany where he was serving in the US Army. During the twenty years of his military career, they lived in four different countries and nine states, raising their five children in the process. After they retired, Linda completed her college work with a degree at Cornell University. She and her husband took up dog sledding, racing their Siberian Huskies. They opened a studio and became professional photographers focusing especially on pictures of fellow dog mushers. Retired a second time, the couple now live in the wooded hill country of upstate New York with their remaining sled dogs. They both are active in their church and community, but frequently travel to visit their kids and grandchildren. Along with being an award-winning photographer, Linda writes memoirs, devotions, and children’s stories.

That's very concise, Apple. But I think you might want to add a little more to it. Make it a little more personal and interesting. ;)

Also, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D

4 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

Nicholas, it doesn't have to be serious. Especially when the tone of the story is humorous.

And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you really were abducted by aliens.

Shhhh!!!! Shhhhhh!!!!! Shhhhhh!!!!!!Gort.jpg.2920e0402f2dadfedd0a6177c2a4d10a.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2018 at 9:57 PM, Sibermom65 said:

I just did this one today for my author website:

Linda’s early life was shaped by the Colorado mountains, where she grew up. While in college studying to be a teacher, she converted to Catholicism. Linda left school to be home with her mother who was temporarily bedridden. When her mother was better, Linda married her high school sweetheart and joined him in Germany where he was serving in the US Army. During the twenty years of his military career, they lived in four different countries and nine states, raising their five children in the process. After they retired, Linda completed her college work with a degree at Cornell University. She and her husband took up dog sledding, racing their Siberian Huskies. They opened a studio and became professional photographers focusing especially on pictures of fellow dog mushers. Retired a second time, the couple now live in the wooded hill country of upstate New York with their remaining sled dogs. They both are active in their church and community, but frequently travel to visit their kids and grandchildren. Along with being an award-winning photographer, Linda writes memoirs, devotions, and children’s stories.

I don't know if you'll see this. I'm so sorry. I seemed to have skipped responding to your bio. It's great but I would divide it up into much smaller paragraphs. It's difficult to read. :D

5 minutes ago, Josie said:

I tried but it turned out sillier every time I edited.  Josie can't be serious when she talks about herself.  The Writer won't let her.

LOL It's good to some silliness in it if it's for your site. I wouldn't do it for a professional bio but for a personal one, it's fine. :D

We should do this for each other.  

On 7/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, Sibermom65 said:

"Linda's life has been shaped by the Colorado mountains, Catholicism, an Army wife's vagabond existence, and five glorious, adventurous children.  She has a degree from Cornell University, which inspired her Siberian huskies to  race harder and win the Iditarod (maybe only in their dreams), when not posing for Linda's award-winning photography of the mushing life.  

Linda now lives in upstate New York and wherever the grandchildren happen to be.  She writes memoirs, devotions and children's stories, serenaded by her devoted pack of sled dogs."  

Linda, I hope you are ok with this.  You can have a go at mine if you wish, in revenge! 

Archived