Let's Practice Writing Your Bio

lynnmosher

Z, Thanks!  Yes, we tend to be attached. I just hate talking about myself anymore. (which indicates I loved it once, lol!)  I don't have a problem selling my stuff.  I think The Martyr is my most cherished baby.  I am working on a mini series based on the novel but am terrified that someone will buy it and then change it.  But that being said, maybe God will allow me some control.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DrRita said:

Watercolor Words reflects Rita's inner meditations on the world we live in, its complexity and the need for outside intervention from a loving God.  Some of it is whimsical and some leans to the darker side of the human condition. 

"We cannot always control what life throws at us but we can control how we deal with it." 

Rita, I think the quote would fit better inside your book, as in the foreword. Maybe something like this:

Rita Betti sees the world through color and creative eyes, as her works have been displayed through the written word, visual works of art in film, music, and dance. Watercolor Words reflects Rita’s inner meditations on the world we live in, its complexity and the need for outside intervention from a loving God. While some of her poems touch the heart with the trials of life, others touch the funny-bone with whimsy.

OK, here's my shot at it.

Teaching has been Carolyn’s life—junior high, senior high, adult education, and now grammar for writers. She loves reading, riding her horse, and rescuing her short story characters from the perils of life. Because her small acreage is home to three horses, eleven cats, and too many chickens; she battles tumbleweeds, sand burrs, and other non-horse-edible vegetation, all attempted with a God-loves-all-creation attitude.

(random note: I wrote it all out then I accidentally deleted it -_-)

A somewhat-stereotypical homeschooler, big sis, and musician, writing has had Cecilia (you can call her Ceci or Cici) in a vice-like grip ever since she was eleven. Although she may grumble about it sometimes, don't let that fool you. She really enjoys writing nefarious plot twists and plotting the destruction of her character's mental stability. 

Not sure how good that is............
23 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Rita, I think the quote would fit better inside your book, as in the foreword. Maybe something like this:

Rita Betti sees the world through color and creative eyes, as her works have been displayed through the written word, visual works of art in film, music, and dance. Watercolor Words reflects Rita’s inner meditations on the world we live in, its complexity and the need for outside intervention from a loving God. While some of her poems touch the heart with the trials of life, others touch the funny-bone with whimsy.

I should hire you to write my bio!! Dang.  Can I steal it?? I think it's probably as good as it gets.

13 minutes ago, ceci_creates said:

A somewhat-stereotypical homeschooler, big sis, and musician, writing has had Cecilia (you can call her Ceci or Cici) in a vice-like grip ever since she was eleven. Although she may grumble about it sometimes, don't let that fool you. She really enjoys writing nefarious plot twists and plotting the destruction of her character's mental stability. 

How 'bout something like this?

Though Cecilia (Ceci or Cici) is a homeschooler, big sis, and musician, writing has had a vice-like grip on her since she was eleven. Sweetness may be her outward persona, but watch out! She has a fiendish side, writing nefarious plot twists and devising ways of destruction of her character's mental stability. 

1 hour ago, ceci_creates said:

54 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Though Cecilia (Ceci or Cici) is a homeschooler, big sis, and musician, writing has had a vice-like grip on her since she was eleven. Sweetness may be her outward persona, but watch out! She has a fiendish side, writing nefarious plot twists and devising ways of destruction of her character's mental stability. 

I love them both!  

1 hour ago, carolinamtne said:

OK, somebody who thinks she can edit fiction needs to proofread her own writing!:mad:

LOL.   This country girl still wants to know how you keep the cats out of the chicken coop.  

3 minutes ago, Alley said:

This country girl still wants to know how you keep the cats out of the chicken coop. 

We keep the chicks well penned in until they are at least as big as the cats, and we feed our cats well. 

There was a feral cat one time ... but he's gone.

When I was much younger, my family had a raccoon for a pet. In the winter, he used to go into the chicken coop (you can't keep a raccoon out of anything!), gently move a hen out of the nest, and take over the already-warm spot. It did not bother him that he was sitting on lumps, and he never broke into the eggs or otherwise bothered the hens.

Actually, the main reason I reworded this for Ceci was this:

4 minutes ago, Alley said:

A somewhat-stereotypical homeschooler, big sis, and musician, writing has had Cecilia

The opening phrase modifies writing instead of Cecilia. ;)

2 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

We keep the chicks well penned in until they are at least as big as the cats, and we feed our cats well. 

There was a feral cat one time ... but he's gone.

When I was much younger, my family had a raccoon for a pet. In the winter, he used to go into the chicken coop (you can't keep a raccoon out of anything!), gently move a hen out of the nest, and take over the already-warm spot. It did not bother him that he was sitting on lumps, and he never broke into the eggs or otherwise bothered the hens.

Sorry, I did not realize I was speaking with Dr. Dolittle.  :D  We let our chickens out in the yard.  They take care of the ticks and other bugs for us.  

Archived