Let's Practice Writing Your Bio

lynnmosher

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and here's the bio I have on my website (my short bio): 

I'm a dreamy-eyed author, a walking paradox, and a fascinated creative who believes that God is the Greatest Storyteller of all.

This is the bio I have on my Amazon Author Page (and pretty much everywhere else, I think):
Joanna Alonzo is a walking paradox. She is a beautiful, albeit messy, mixture of thought and emotion, expressed in the form of hopefully readable - and relatable - stories. She is a kingdom kid, who looks forward to being a writer and storyteller even when she reaches heaven. She is passionate about the unreached, about those who have yet to know the Love she found in the arms of the Almighty. She is intrigued by the world and its people, who day by day, continue to convince her that God is the greatest Storyteller of all.

Oops! I didn't the other comments. Thanking Joanna for jumping in for Alley! :D

18 minutes ago, Joanna Alonzo said:

Oh and here's the bio I have on my website (my short bio): 

I'm a dreamy-eyed author, a walking paradox, and a fascinated creative who believes that God is the Greatest Storyteller of all.

This is the bio I have on my Amazon Author Page (and pretty much everywhere else, I think):
Joanna Alonzo is a walking paradox. She is a beautiful, albeit messy, mixture of thought and emotion, expressed in the form of hopefully readable - and relatable - stories. She is a kingdom kid, who looks forward to being a writer and storyteller even when she reaches heaven. She is passionate about the unreached, about those who have yet to know the Love she found in the arms of the Almighty. She is intrigued by the world and its people, who day by day, continue to convince her that God is the greatest Storyteller of all.

This is great, Joanna. Now I need to change mine! :rolleyes:

Kidnapped by aliens at an early age, Nicholas Reicher is a unique blend of logic and intuition. Blending a life's experiences and interests, Nicholas writes both novels and screenplays, and is available to do fight choreography for your action film.

4 hours ago, Joanna Alonzo said:

I had to jump in with a random bio, because I really enjoyed reading your non-bio.

Oh, thank you!  

Alley is a romance author who is well-acquainted with mud. A roll-up-your sleeves, we're-get'in-dirty kind of girl, she's not afraid to write heroines who like to hunt and fish and may or may not have been shingling houses since they were ten. Still, in every woman is the divine desire to be sought after and romanced, and this is where her tomboyishness crosses paths with her feminine heart: that sacred crux between the strength and bravery of women and a God Who invites us to come, come away with Him..."

Ok, new plan.  Hire Joanna to write my bio!  :)

2 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Kidnapped by aliens at an early age, Nicholas Reicher is a unique blend of logic and intuition. Blending a life's experiences and interests, Nicholas writes both novels and screenplays, and is available to do fight choreography for your action film.

Now that's what I'm talking about! 

Love it!  

Hey, it's good to see you back.  

15 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Ooo...interesting, Nicholas. Says a lot in a few words. Good job! :D

12 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Kidnapped and transported to the third rocky planet orbiting a medium-sized star...

We are blessed by your presence, strange visitor from another planet!

21 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

And it is well punctuated!

Alley!  I think you'll gain a terrific following of tom-boys who secretly wish for more adventure in romance novels, or more romance in adventure stories.  You don't need to name the hunting and fishing, just suggest that a backwoods hike and target practice are in your list of happiness.  

William, I like the last one you put up. You offer a compelling invitation to this media driven generation.  

Nicola resides on planet earth, while enjoying free passage through portals to many alternate dimensions and personalities. Her husband and daughter often doubt her presence with them as she creates stories to reflect her adventures.  Music, painting, adoring her animals, and creating community wherever she goes, are also her expression of being one of God's beloved children.

6 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Nicola resides on planet earth, while enjoying free passage through portals to many alternate dimensions and personalities. Her husband and daughter often doubt her presence with them as she creates stories to reflect her adventures.  Music, painting, adoring her animals, and creating community wherever she goes, are also her expression of being one of God's beloved children.

Oh, I like it.  I'll let someone else critique it.  I like it too much.  ?

Okay, I'll play.

Ron taught himself to repair automobiles for a living and performed various repairs for twenty five years. His interest in vehicles expanded to aircraft, builds models and flies remote control aircraft, regularly soaks up information about space and the universe. Ron has a blended family and his life changed when he decided to follow the Lord. His interests in space and flying, possibly to another planet, has always lead him to not limit God.

29 minutes ago, Nicola said:

See? I knew I'd like it. Great one, Nicola! :D

17 minutes ago, zx1ninja said:

Ron taught himself to repair automobiles for a living and performed various repairs for twenty five years. His interest in vehicles expanded to aircraft, builds models and flies remote control aircraft, regularly soaks up information about space and the universe. Ron has a blended family and his life changed when he decided to follow the Lord. His interests in space and flying, possibly to another planet, has always lead him to not limit God.

Hey, Z! That's really good! I do have a suggestion, though.

This: His interest in vehicles expanded to aircraft, builds models and flies remote control aircraft, regularly soaks up

Should be this: His interest in vehicles expanded to aircraft, building models, flying remote control aircraft, and regularly soaking up...

Ya dun good! :D

2 hours ago, Alley said:

Oh, I like it.  I'll let someone else critique it.  I like it too much.  ?

Thanks for giving me the link. 

2 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Okay, I'll play

Glad you did! It's a fun game. 

I think Joanna has won the nomination for best bio . . . but here's the one wrote for the back of my poetry book.  It's a big stuffy with probably too much biographical info.  Let me know . . .

Rita Betti has enjoyed writing since high school where she was assistant editor on the school newspaper and on the yearbook staff. Since then she has written short stories, songs, non-fiction articles, Bible studies, plays, and poetry.  In 2014 she published her first novel, The Martyr.  She also writes screenplays and has written and produced short films and short documentaries, two of which have been nominated for best short documentary.

She also paints, tap dances, enjoys photography both video and film, makes unique jewelry out of discarded watches and works with her film production company, FishGate Productions developing film projects for the big and small screen. She lives in the small copper mining town of Superior Arizona with her two cats. 

Watercolor Words reflects Rita's inner meditations on the world we live in, its complexity and the need for outside intervention from a loving God.  Some of it is whimsical and some leans to the darker side of the human condition. 

"We cannot always control what life throws at us but we can control how we deal with it."

12 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

It's really good but it's too long. However, The paragraph and sentence at the bottom would be perfect. The word limit is around 150.

Thanks Lynn.  I'll work on it.  I am not good at this sort of thing. 

Okay, so here's the revised version.

Rita Betti creates both written and visual works of art in film, novels, music and dance. Watercolor Words reflects Rita's inner meditations on the world we live in, its complexity and the need for outside intervention from a loving God.  Some of her poems are whimsical and while others lean to the darker side of the human condition. 

"We cannot always control what life throws at us but we can control how we deal with it."

7 minutes ago, DrRita said:

I am not good at this sort of thing

It's always difficult to sell something you're attached to. And we're all pretty attached to ourselves. I don't think mine was very good at all, while I thought your last one was pretty good. 

Archived