Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
JubaSuperman

Greetings!

Hi everyone! I'm Juba. I'm a student, but behind closed doors, I'm a writer. I've always loved writing, and for a long time ideas flowed faster than I could get them onto the page. Sadly, with a busy student life and many distractions (*cough* YouTube and Netflix *cough*), I've lost a lot of my inspirational drive. However, though I've acknowledged that it's going to be hard work, I've decided that writing is something I will always love and want to do. I've been checking out a lot of other writers' platforms on the Internet and thought I should join a few online writing communities. As a Christian, this seemed like a safe and caring space to branch out as a writer, and after lurking for a few weeks I thought I'd start joining in!

I'm looking to learn more about the writing process, find other writers to connect with, and learn how to be a good critique partner (as well as hopefully receiving some critiques from others, once I'm brave enough to send out my work). As far as what I write, I have a few short stories in progress, as well as some novel ideas in the early stages - one that's more 'general' fiction, one in the Fantasy genre, and a YA novel I've been working on for about a decade. I'll read pretty much any genre, but I especially want to become more knowledgeable about the ones that I'm writing in. (I just love stories in general, so settling on one genre seems claustrophobic to me!)

My interests outside of reading/writing include horses, tea, and movies - especially PIXAR movies. Yes, I know that they're kids' films, but I think that there's so much to learn from them as adults, and as storytellers.

• Like 5

Welcome, Juba.  It is nice to meet you.  No worries about the kid's movies.  As most parents (like me) will tell you, we are known to watch the kids movies after the kids go to bed.  :D   

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Hey, I'm 72 (in 9 days) and I love Pixar movies! ;) You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.

BTW, Dream Works has also produced some epic movies back in the day. One of my all time favorites is "The Prince of Egypt".

• Like 3

On 6/28/2018 at 4:33 AM, Claire Tucker said:

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.

BTW, Dream Works has also produced some epic movies back in the day. One of my all time favorites is "The Prince of Egypt".

I completely agree, Claire! Growing up, I especially enjoyed "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron," because it introduced me to my lifelong love of horses!

• Like 2

Pixar film enthusiasts unite! They are indefinitely some of the best storytellers for both writing and film. Well, welcome to CW, @JubaSuperman and blessings on your writing endeavors! :D

P.S. (just realized I'm a little late on the welcome. :$)

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 2

Hi Juba! :D Welcome to Christian Writers! Were so glad to have you!! Pixar movies are some of my favorites, especially the Incredibles!! :D Actally, as a fun hobby, I write fanfiction that mixes the Incredibles characters with characters from Mega Man, a video game franchise. Perhaps I'll share some of it on here soon! So, yeah, don't worry about them being "kid's movies"; they're simply "family" movies; movies for all ages to enjoy! They're just as beneficial for adults as young'uns. Pardon my Andy Griffith slang. :) God bless your writing endeavors! Hope to read some of your work soon! 

Edited by Erin Cook
  • Like 1