Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
carolinamtne

Editing As Income?

Some time back someone posted a website that hires editors for copy editing. I searched, but could not find it.

I'm considering a full retirement, but would like some income. Any suggestions as to how to go about getting started?

• Like 1

I would say, besides posting it on this site, that you might want to join other writing forums or groups. Like Facebook writing groups. And wherever you are on social media, just start announcing it whenever you're ready.

Ohhh sounds wonderful. ISo far I am enjoying retirement.....with a little part time work.

Do you mean finding clients or actually setting up the business?

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

I'm considering a full retirement, but would like some income. Any suggestions as to how to go about getting started?

I have a number of friends who run editing businesses. (None of them are getting rich but they seem to stay busy.)
My friend Jill is the editor for my friend Mike Duran:
http://jilldomschot.com/editing-services/

45 minutes ago, Woman-of-Hope said:

Do you mean finding clients or actually setting up the business?

I guess both. I've never been self-employed before.

I will check out the Facebook writing groups.

You have already proven your mettle here!  Let it be known you are available, and you'll be flooded with requests.  

1 hour ago, Nicola said:

You have already proven your mettle here!  Let it be known you are available, and you'll be flooded with requests.  

Agreed.  We need comma help!  :)

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Some time back someone posted a website that hires editors for copy editing. I searched, but could not find it.

Try Reedsy, they post editors with different skills.  I bet you can make an income doing that. 
If I were any good at editing, I would certainly go into the business. I like writers, they are a special kind of people. So, going over their work would be fascinating, but I am a novice, not novel, writer and not a heavy reader. Can that be considered a pun?

Edited by Guest

I just downloaded Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations.  Oddly enough, my Kindle didn't get any heavier.😉

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, Jeff Flaig said:

Try Reedsy, they post editors with different skills.  I bet you can make an income doing that. 

Thanks, Jeff!

I'd not heard about this platform before but it was easy to connect with and I love the feel. Don't know if my specialties will find much traction there, but being widely accessible can't hurt. 🙂