Need Help Deciding Which One Is Best For Me.

Alley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

I don't know. They're good background, but they don't "say" anything to me. Anyone could use them for anything. But that's just my thinking.

Carolina is right. If you are writing a romance, I like the red truck picture that Lynn found. Actually. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the ones showing a young man and woman who are in love. Just my two-cents worth.

20 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

What time frame for your stories?

Mid-evil Fantasy.  So I'm not sure about the tuck, or the outfits of the people.  It's why I've wanted to shy away from using people.  This is much harder than I thought it was going to be.  ☹️

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

That' changes everythin

I know.  I'm fighting not to beat my head against the wall.  If only there was a way to find the perfect one without the wish-washy feelings that follow.  

I don't know.  It does not seem to tie into me teaching others to write about country life, homesteading, and living without electricity while also letting my romance readers get a glimpse into my books.  I've been thinking about just a background that would be alright for both, and then use words/headers to show what the site was for.  This way the look and feel of all my sites stay the same, but the activities can be different.  For example, the youtube channel will be for learning to write about country living, while my main site would sell my romance books.  Did I explain that well?  

You're trying to do a one-size-fits-all picture for very different uses. What about finding a picture for your romances and a different picture for your country living? Then see what you can do to meld them together?

Or go with the backgrounds and put the appropriate picture on the background.

This is like trying to find the same school outfit for each of four children, an outfit that each one likes and will wear but is not a required uniform.

Timeless.

4 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

How about simple. With a knife and shavings sitting next to a stack of paper on a wooden table. I'd give a photo but couldn't find one quickly. You could probably do it yourself 

Horses are timeless.  

Long hair is a timeless expression of romance.

Jewelry can be timeless, if it is very simple.  

5 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Oh, almost forgot. Need to have a pencil there, that's what the knife and shavings are for 

3 hours ago, Nicola said:

If you could get the vines to spell something... or make a heart.

Both sound like great ideas, but I'm not a tech know-how person, and it's a little above my knowledge.  

I like the idea of the knife, shavings, and pencil, but a pencil would be out of the medieval time frame. What about a quill? Perhaps a table, paper, and a quill on a table? It implies writing and history. Not many people use a quill today, but it also relates to living simply.

Search for table, paper, quill picture. Shutter??? came up with some good ones.

Archived