Need Help Deciding Which One Is Best For Me.

Alley

4 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

I didn't know I could spell that kind of romance novels.

Much dyslexia later I don't know either.  That's why I have Grammarly or a dictionary.  ;)

7 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

primitive-looking well.

Good catch.  I'll keep looking.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

don't overthink.

I'm sorry, have you meet me.  I overthink everything.  :)  Hold please, while I do some more thinking.  ?

Thanks for the advice, EClay.  

Oh, my gosh! I love 5 with the tree in the book! Six is good also. One thing you have to remember: the shape of the image. How are you going to use it? Does it fit the image shape requirement for where you'll use it? And are you going to add text to it? If so, you need space in the image for it.

My choice: the first: picnic table - I like how the rustic table balanced with the flowers. However,...whatever you choose needs to speak to YOU, and what you want to represent to your audience. Also you need to absolutely love it,...like squealing it's "Perfect!!!!" -- 'cause you'll be spending a lot of time with it,...kinda like a bookcover! ?

OK, here's my take, thinking in terms of medieval romance:

1) wrong kind of fence for those times

2) not glass jars back then (but it is striking)

3) doesn't do anything for me

4) eye-catching, good for romance

5) combines reading and romance, the tree implies growth as well as its heart shape

6) I don't think they had that kind of wheel barrow back then

7) it's pretty, but it doesn't say anything about your writing

8) autumn leaves are pretty, but again, they don't say anything about your writing

I guess that means my vote is either 4 or 5.

Good luck!

Could you do an old-fashioned photoshop thing (this was huge about 10 years ago, I don't know about now) and fade one picture into another? So start with something like 7 on one end and then fade into your autumn table from your first post? Then it shows your medieval (can't spell that EVER either lol) setting but also a writer at a country table. Just a thought!

27 minutes ago, PenName said:

Could you do an old-fashioned photoshop thing

Me?  Not a chance.  Although, I do know a few people.  Thanks for the idea.  I've not decided yet, but I'll let everyone know when I do.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

So ... ????

I love it, but Lynn comes with a point about the text.  I'm asking someone that knows more about this than me, and I'll get back to you.  

Alley, you can always place a box (white) over it, reducing the opacity, and then add the text. But I don't think you would like it as well. You write.romance, right? Romance set in what period? 1000-1500? What image pops into your head when you think of these two?

Archived