Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Easton_Livingston

Calling Independent Self-published Authors

Being a part of a community like Christian Writers is a blessing. It's a place we can go to converse with like-minded individuals. However, being that it is a forum, you tend to forget that not everyone on the forum is the same kind of writer like you may be. So, who this particular thread is for are those who are actually independent self-published authors. It is a repository of sorts to connect all of those who are braving the publishing landscape so they don't have to be on their own but they have a network here at this forum.

Of course, I am a self-published independent writer. I wouldn't have it any other way and I praise God that I'm able to do this. There are other people who are not that way and I praise God that they are still writing. But this thread is exclusively for those out there who are pushing forward and would like that connection with other Christian writers who are doing the same.

So just go ahead and just chime in if you are an independent self-published author and let others know about you by following them in their profiles. Keep that connection going because sometimes it gets a little lonely out here.

God bless beloved. :)

Easton Livingston

www.eastonlivingston.com 

Become and RIU Citizen - Click Here

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alley said:

Not published yet, but have plans to self-publish.  

Feel free to ask any questions you like. Drop me a line here or email me. Share it here in this thread. I know others here have quite a bit to share in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Phy said:

I'm going Indie.

Welcome!

You say you are “going” indie. Does that mean you are already are trad published?

I'm not going to lie: this is NOT easy. It's hard work. But you have to love it for that reason and beyond. 

• Like 1

working on the book...already self pub 3 small poetry books for devotion/meditation. (somehow I cant imagine turning my poetry over to a publisher...eeeee gads)

10 minutes ago, Easton_Livingston said:

Feel free to ask any questions you like. Drop me a line here or email me. Share it here in this thread. I know others here have quite a bit to share in that regard.

Thanks.  

25 minutes ago, Woman-of-Hope said:

working on the book...already self pub 3 small poetry books for devotion/meditation. (somehow I cant imagine turning my poetry over to a publisher...eeeee gads)

I hear ya. The old trad system is still so broken in so many different ways. The bad so outweighs the good for me that being independent is the only viable option.

Congrats on your three releases. Keep on keepin on.

God bless.

I was traditionally published for horror and suspense, but when my publisher took ill, my wife and I started a new indie publishing company and, although we publish other writers, we're going to give it a try with my Christian sci-fi and suspense, too.  I don't see other ways to get it to market in a timely fashion.  Thank goodness we go into this with editors and such, but still its different introducing my fiction into the mix.  

By the way, having been traditionally published, operating a publishing company and now owning a family publishing company, I can tell you that I think the most intellectually stimulating of all publishing ventures is the freedom associated with the new, self publishing options.  We truly live in the Renaissance of creative writing!

Edited by suspensewriter
Missed an insidiously sneaky letter trying to escape this post
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Easton_Livingston said:

You say you are “going” indie. Does that mean you are already are trad published?

No, but that's where my expectation lay back in the day. I was a 'zine founder and editor for seven years and have been published a dozen times in magazines which are now defunct. There has been a revolution since I first aspired to publish a novel and my aspirations have been tempered over time. The old stigma against indie-publishing has been muted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

By the way, having been traditionally published, operating a publishing company and now owning a family publishing company, I can till you that I think the most intellectually stimulating of all publishing ventures is the freedom associated with the new, self publishing options.  We truly live in the Renaissance of creative writing!

The same revolution that happened in music is happening with publishing. Has happened actually and it's here to stay now. And praise God for that. Amen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Easton_Livingston said:

Feel free to ask any questions you like.

As I get further along on my journey, I am sure I will be interrogating you, and many others.  You guys are always there with great advice and been there done that knowledge.  It's invaluable to newbies like me.  :)

I too will be self publishing when the time comes so I can use as many contacts as possible for questions and concerns along the way. I can be quite overwhelming to consider honestly, but in my opinion it will be worth it in the long run

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Abbie said:

I too will be self publishing when the time comes so I can use as many contacts as possible for questions and concerns along the way. I can be quite overwhelming to consider honestly, but in my opinion it will be worth it in the long run

Absolutely!  I wish you the absolute best, Abbie, and we're all here to help.  It was a great idea for Easton to get this thread going.

*raises hand* 

Indie author here. :)

I write Christian fiction in the contemporary romance and fairy tale retelling genres. I eventually want to write a fantasy series though. Still working on my world. :)

Joanna Alonzo

www.joannaalonzo.com

On 5/8/2018 at 12:03 PM, suspensewriter said:

my wife and I started a new indie publishing company

Call me blonde, but what exactly is an indie publishing company?  

14 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

But indie sounds cooler

It does. 

You throw me off with your new pic.  Nice through.  

16 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

New one coming shortly, too!

I'll be waiting impatiently.  :D

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

New one coming shortly, too!

That was fast.  Like this one better, but that's just my taste.  

Just published my first book - Self-publisher. 

15 hours ago, CE Martin said:

Indie since 2012.

Writing's easy, promotion is the struggle.

Yes, promotion is very hard. I have no idea what to do or how to get out there.  uugh !