Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicholas Reicher

Your Areas Of Expertise!

Kia stands for Killed In Action. :oops:

But then AMC was Almost Made a Car.

I never had to do that on the Monza and I got all the spark plugs out.:ph34r:

The Gremlin we had was a Levi edition. :D And the guy with the 440 Super Bee wouldn't race me after I power braked it a bit and lifted the right front corner.

• Like 1

You guys are hysterical!!!

I don't know if I am an "expert" at anything . . . (jack of all trades and so on) But I do know a few things:

I know how to create a "mother" for vinegar making.

I have done a lot of saltillo tile laying and might be near expert on that.

I can knit socks . . .and I know how to macrame.

Oh . . . I can milk goats.

Modern proverb:

After you buy a new hammer, every problem you see needs a nail.

So far I've found a new way for my anti-violent protagonist to kill the villain. Now I have a new anmal for my space ark that can eat almost anything, and provide both milk and meat. (And maybe even go feral!)

Is this a great idea or what?

Seriously, I do have a couple of areas of true expertise.  I know about:

-Film editing

-Film production

-Screenwriting

-Living on a small farm

Now?

What do I have to contribute?

My customers tell me I know more about my local store than anybody, even the computers that are supposed to track our inventory. So,if you're looking for a Japanese board-stretcher,I'll send you to the dot-com.

You really do need a Japanese board-stretcher every once in a while. Because you cut a board and it doesn't fit; you cut it again and it's even shorter.

• Haha 1

Everyone has something they know about that can save the rest of us a ton of research. What do you know about? it may be small. It may be big. Every one of you knows how to do something I don't!

22 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

Cool! So maybe a computer feeds in a killing stroke, telling Harkness it's the only way to immobilize his opponent. Classic cinematic neck break, manslaughter not murder, but Harkness loses his reputation, has to find a way to forgiveness. 

"Iron Arm Lock Throat" is the move you're looking for.

Conversely "Black Dragon Catches The Pearl" in Hung Gar/Fu Jow Pai. Exceptionally dangerous move. It involves the response to a tackle or the MMA "Shoot" - you grab the top and bottom of the head and turn it. Right amount is a submission hold. Too much is a  funeral. Don't try this at home, you'll do about 40 years.

Either one will get what you're looking for.

12 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Do you know how to have fun or what?:)

I didn't do some of the things others did, but I had fun. Robin was known to race the Gremlin. But she still won't tell me if she won or not. 

I did take it on a trip that was supposed to take about 5 hours and did it in 3. And the v8 Vega guy still doesn't know what happened.

But this is getting a little off topic now. :D

(p.s. the two cars in the background are a 70's v8 mustang and 70 cougar neither of which were completely stock.)

2013-11-23 06.46.12.jpg

Edited by zx1ninja
Spelling
  • Like 1

And to get back on topic, for areas of expertise that might be helpful to other writers:

toxic and flammable gas applications

wall kung

ninja arts, especially tools and weapons

hankido

Freemasonry

Canadian culture (I'm kidding, Nicola:))

and that's pretty much it.

If anyone needs information re these for their fiction, let me know and I'd be glad to help.

• Like 1

So,if you're wandering around the Superstore for two hours and you can't find something,I can tell you which department it's supposed to be in,why the shelf is empty, which store is supposed to have some, and why you should call first before you drive twenty miles (which always seems to take only fifteen minutes,no matter where you are in the Kansas City Area,while back in New England, "you can't get thayah fum hee-yah."

LOL!!!  You guys had me giggling the whole time I was reading this!!!

Areas of expertise...

• Well, I'm South African, so could probably help a little in general questions relating to that.
  • I am also a (fairly new) SCUBA diver 
  • I am also a music teacher, giving piano and violin lessons.
  • I was Home educated
  • As for weapons...my brothers only let me near those under strict supervision :P
  • And I wouldn't know where to start taking a car apart...and would probably have my family intervene if I tried.

Giggling kung is a little-known art wherein the practitioner elevates their humor to the level that a single giggle is able to take down an entire building with its percussive sonic force. The Krakatoa volcanic explosion was caused, in fact, by a thoughtless villager telling a joke to the island's master of giggling kung. The resulting belly laugh plunged the entire world into darkness for three days as the dust from the volcanic explosion shot into the upper atmosphere and spread around the globe.

So be careful Claire, when you giggle.  Pass it on.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:52 PM, suspensewriter said:

Giggling kung is a little-known art wherein the practitioner elevates their humor to the level that a single giggle is able to take down an entire building with its percussive sonic force. The Krakatoa volcanic explosion was caused, in fact, by a thoughtless villager telling a joke to the island's master of giggling kung. The resulting belly laugh plunged the entire world into darkness for three days as the dust from the volcanic explosion shot into the upper atmosphere and spread around the globe.

So be careful Claire, when you giggle.  Pass it on.

What a hoot!

I just finished shoveling snow and I realized that I'm really good at it.

I could probably do a fairly good stand-up routine. Next time I get an open mic...

I can turn down an ammunition sale without offending the customer.(Unless they are determined to be offended. Those are usually the ones that are trying to pull something.)

I took a test on FB that said I could fake it as a rocket scientist. But the same site said TOS was on CBS when any true fan knows it was on NBC at 10:00 PM Eastern. Cum grano salis.

I will be placing comedian on all of your resumes.  😊 I won't say I'm an expert at anything, but more of a jane-of-all-trades. 

I've lived both with and without electricity.  

I've turned screwdrivers into chisels in a fireplace.  

I've done handmade wood sculpting, but I must admit I was not the best at it.  

I can hand cut, and stack about a rick of wood alone in a day.  

I can do most of the basic carpentry.  At least for the house.  Including copper pipes.  Oh, the fun to learn this in a crawl space under the house.  Just not electrical.  I'm horrible at that.  

I know about wild edibles for food and more.  At least for what is in tornado alley.  

I can make knives, axes, hammers, and more from rock.  It makes me roll my eyes at the doomsday preppers that swear you must have all of this or you will die.  Even as I kid, I wondered why they did not just make one.  

I can also make rope from weeds.  

I'm ok with vehicles, but not like Z.  

Guns.  Not so much for revolvers.  

I've taken some college culinary art classes, specializing in baking.  

Hey Nicholas and Claire, tell me, is there a martial arts that comes from Africa?  I've got a character from there that would love to have his own.  😋

10 hours ago, Alley said:

Hey Nicholas and Claire, tell me, is there a martial arts that comes from Africa? 

I wouldn't say a martial art as such, as I think those to originate more in Asian cultures (Nicholas, please correct me if I'm wrong about this), but Africa definitely has fighting styles that will have originated from the various tribes. Each tribe will have its unique weapon and style of fighting that they would have taught their boys and young men, skills that these men would have used for hunting and also for actual fighting. Sadly, these skills are dying out and not being transferred as they would have been several centuries ago.

Like I said, each tribe will have weapons and skills that are unique to them for their survival. So the question is, what area or part of Africa is your character from?