Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicola

Planning The Celebration

What are you going to do on Friday when you have finished this month of writing?  Do you have a tub of ice cream waiting for you in the freezer?  Do you have a weekend get away planned with your neglected loved ones? Do you have a meeting with a publisher/agent?

Let us know your dreams for an award to yourself for being faithful to your monumental achievement.  

Also, how can we electronically, virtually, remotely celebrate together?  This is not a small thing.  Our community is stronger when we let our hair down and party together.  

I have a novella I started outlining, and I'm planning to write it in January. Or February. Alongside editing my NaNo novel's half-finished draft and hopefully finishing it.

Hello Christine!  Welcome to our club.  Maybe we can turn it into a goal setting club for the rest of the year!  

Hannah K!  Congratulations!  It sounds like you achieved a solid amount of work for NaNoWriMo.  

I am puzzled by the absence of our other writer members.  Did the demands of the month wipe you out?  I wish you a quick recovery!  

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Nicola said:

I am puzzled by the absence of our other writer members.  Did the demands of the month wipe you out?  I wish you a quick recovery!  

I got really, really, bogged down in research and my actual writing fell by the wayside. I fell so far behind it was useless to try to catch up.  A little embarrassed that I gave up so quickly but resolved to press on in the new year.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:49 PM, Hannah K. :) said:

I have a novella I started outlining, and I'm planning to write it in January. Or February. Alongside editing my NaNo novel's half-finished draft and hopefully finishing it.

Well done Hannah!  What more joy can a writer have than 'to-be-finished' projects and tons of inspiration?  We look forward to regular updates! 

On 12/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, Hannah K. :) said:

Annnnnd I started writing a 5,000 word story.

5000 words already?  Or is the story going to be 5000 words?  How do you know ahead of time?  Is it a contest that has a limit? 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, Christine Malkemes said:

I have a lot on my plate. I plan on starting the new year writing a series on enduring faith. 

Christine,  thank you for checking in with us.  I'm sure you not only had a lot on that plate, you had many plates full.  We look forward to your series on enduring faith. It sounds like you are writing from personal experience.  

11 hours ago, Cathy7 said:

I got really, really, bogged down in research and my actual writing fell by the wayside. I fell so far behind it was useless to try to catch up.  A little embarrassed that I gave up so quickly but resolved to press on in the new year.

Let us dispense with the guilt right away!  You were working on your story. Next year we will change the goal to hours worked rather than words written.  Your story will glow and your writing will flow like that river you gave us, because you spent so much time giving yourself an organic foundation.  

giphy.gif Here is a little gif to show our excitement on finishing NaNoWriMo.  Thanks to Rebecca for the tech help!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.