Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicola

Ahh! It All Starts Tomorrow!

Dear God. Tomorrow.  I have a date with a dump load of words.  I've lined up the tools. I've cleared the space in my schedule. I've got a few ideas itching to be developed. I've got people to hold me accountable. 

I'm here to ask You to be my inspiration.  I can't do this without Your direct input.  These aren't just words, these are soldiers in Your army going out to battle the forces of evil.  These are medics with healing for the sick and wounded of our world.  These are banners of hue and shade to change darkness into beauty.  

I accept the responsibility to open my heart and pour out what You put there.  I feel ready for the challenge.  Thank You for the gift of being an author today.

Amen

i started the official word count thread maybe someone can pin it for us. Or delete it if there is another one. I hate to be the first person to fill out something so someone jump in there and I'll follow suit tomorro.

10 hours ago, Nicola said:

Dear God. Tomorrow.  I have a date with a dump load of words.  I've lined up the tools. I've cleared the space in my schedule. I've got a few ideas itching to be developed. I've got people to hold me accountable. 

I'm here to ask You to be my inspiration.  I can't do this without Your direct input.  These aren't just words, these are soldiers in Your army going out to battle the forces of evil.  These are medics with healing for the sick and wounded of our world.  These are banners of hue and shade to change darkness into beauty.  

I accept the responsibility to open my heart and pour out what You put there.  I feel ready for the challenge.  Thank You for the gift of being an author today.

Amen

A very motivating prayer, reminding me of what all this writing, all these words tumbling out are really about. Thank you, Nicola.

1 hour ago, Cathy7 said:

A very motivating prayer, reminding me of what all this writing, all these words tumbling out are really about. Thank you, Nicola.

Word count is the focus, I don't want to take anything away from that goal.  Participants need to write whatever comes to them.  At the same time, having the Holy Spirit mingle the ink/pixels etc means the author will discover something about herself that could not be discovered any other way.  And he will write something that will touch someone, that could not be written any other way.  

God is a Gentleman.  He will hold back if we don't want Him.  But if we ask.... oh when we ask....!

I'd like to thank the Good Lord for blessing me with a Record high ever with nano in the first 24 hours I typed 15040 words. That's a great start :)  Praying you all get the word counts you need :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.