Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lynnmosher

Post Your New Blogposts Or Other Articles Here

Faith Stand, unfortunately, I had to remove your request. If you would like a critique, you may post your article in the critique forum.

I must admit my blogs are sometimes very lengthy. Some are Bible studies, short stories, daily discussion topics, and some are poems. I will put my website here for you to discern for yourself, there is something there for every type of reader. Thank you for this idea, anything that gets our message out to share with others the more people have the chance to personally know Him. http://love4loveministry.com/      

Vicki, you might want to go in and edit your link. It goes to this site, not yours. I looked up your site. Very nice. It is lovely. I hope you don't mind a couple of suggestions. Without enlarging the text on my computer, it's difficult to read your posts since the font is so small. I would suggest that you might want to make your posts shorter. People give up on long posts. You can also divide the long ones into 2 or 3 parts. To get others to read through and not just skim, you might want to keep your word count to below 750. Hope that helps. :D

Thanks Lynn for all of your suggestions, I have short ones, "poems" but not many. Several people have told me this but I have some people all over the world that email me that do not have Bible's and they get their messages and studies from my blog post, this amazed, and overwhelmed me. So I write for them because some of them do not have Bibles and they can copy the studies, discussions, or devotionals. I guess it is not too long for them, they divide them into two or three parts. I can do the same for others who are not comfortable reading long blog post. I do not see the difference in reading a blog, and reading a book on Kindle, but many do. I suppose it is up to each individual.

I think people carve out more time for reading a book. A devotional/Bible study may not get as much time allotted to it for a number of reasons. And they are usually scanned if too long. That is awesome about those not having a Bible and reading your posts. However, to accommodate others as well, I would break it up in parts. They still get your posts but you've allowed others to possibly read through your posts rather than just skim. Or worse, turn them away. But we all have to do what works for us. So, whatever works. And blessings on your service to those reading in other countries! :D

I think people carve out more time for reading a book. A devotional/Bible study may not get as much time allotted to it for a number of reasons. And they are usually scanned if too long. That is awesome about those not having a Bible and reading your posts. However, to accommodate others as well, I would break it up in parts. They still get your posts but you've allowed others to possibly read through your posts rather than just skim. Or worse, turn them away. But we all have to do what works for us. So, whatever works. And blessings on your service to those reading in other countries! :D

Hey Lynn thank you again for your comments. I did make my font bigger so readers could read it better, and it is a little shorter. Please tell me what you think. It is called "Whose wisdom is human beings living by?http://www.love4loveministry.com

Oh, great! Font size is so much easier to read. One other suggestion that I neglected to mention: paragraphs should be no longer than three sentences. Four tops. If they are not very long. The eyes need white space on the internet. White space is the space between paragraphs. But you're doing great! Will read a little more when I have time. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.