Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Minnow

Hi Everyone! :)

Okay, so because of the internet name I chose for myself, I've been having a 'whale' of a time trying to find a picture of a fish that most likely doesn't exist in nature. (Get it? Because whales eat fish?...) There are pictures of normal minnows on Google, but they jest don't really look alive. Anyway, I kind of thought that 'Blue Minnow" sounded pretty. Doesn't it?

Anyhow, aside from that 'crisis', I should get to the point about why I decided to join this community:

It was a year ago when I started writing short stories. My interest in writing really started while I was taking an online course on writing, jest as I've been doing, short stories. The first one I wrote was not theological at all. The second one was about conviction of our own flaws and the struggles that come with them, and the beginning of a journey towards trusting in Christ.

Jest this summer, I was part of an author's work shop. I learned a lot while I was there. It was nice to be around other aspiring authors. It was a great experience, and everyone was very encouraging of each other. But there were times when I got confused and maybe a little uncomfortable -- that happened whenever philosophical issues were addressed. So I realize now that I need to be part of a community of author's, but it's really important that they also be like-minded Christians.

I explored the website a little, and there seems to be a lot of really nice people here. I've seen some complicated questions addressed in careful, constructive ways, and very approachable personalities.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :)

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :)

Thank you! :)

Okay, so because of the internet name I chose for myself, I've been having a 'whale' of a time trying to find a picture of a fish that most likely doesn't exist in nature. (Get it? Because whales eat fish?...) There are pictures of normal minnows on Google, but they jest don't really look alive. Anyway, I kind of thought that 'Blue Minnow" sounded pretty. Doesn't it?

Anyhow, aside from that 'crisis', I should get to the point about why I decided to join this community:

It was a year ago when I started writing short stories. My interest in writing really started while I was taking an online course on writing, jest as I've been doing, short stories. The first one I wrote was not theological at all. The second one was about conviction of our own flaws and the struggles that come with them, and the beginning of a journey towards trusting in Christ.

Jest this summer, I was part of an author's work shop. I learned a lot while I was there. It was nice to be around other aspiring authors. It was a great experience, and everyone was very encouraging of each other. But there were times when I got confused and maybe a little uncomfortable -- that happened whenever philosophical issues were addressed. So I realize now that I need to be part of a community of author's, but it's really important that they also be like-minded Christians.

I explored the website a little, and there seems to be a lot of really nice people here. I've seen some complicated questions addressed in careful, constructive ways, and very approachable personalities.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.