Returning...

ChrissDee

It has been a little while since I've been on CW. I was just barely getting established as a member of this fine community when my life got turned upside down (in a good way). God called my husband and me to move suddenly from our jobs in DC and come to Fayetteville, WV (whose city limit sign proudly boasts it is one of America's "Coolest Small Towns") to work as house parents for children in custody of the state for various reasons. It is, by far, the most challenging and most rewarding things I have had the honor to do.

I am starting to get settled into my new home and position, and now as the summer is drawing to a close and my 6 teenage boys are getting ready to go back to school (I'd never thought I would be so eager to see the end of summer) I will hopefully be able to find more time to focus on my writing. So I am returning to ChristianWriters and hope to be actively participating in the forums and community. I look forward to getting to know you all again and, hopefully, being an encouragement to you as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you and your husband for being obedient to God's leading! I have a couple friends who work jobs similar to yours, and I know it is TOUGH! But the rewards are much bigger than many other jobs. I pray God inspires you to write things that will truly move people's hearts!

Archived