Blind Date?

Guest Julie Plowright Desjardins

Guest Julie Plowright Desjardins

Hello. Ok, so I guess this isn't really like a blind date but then again maybe ... sorta ... cause I just stumbled onto this site while fooling around on Google and so I thought I'd try it out, dip my big toe in the Red Sea so to speak and see if the waters part, hahaha. And the thing about blind dates is you're not really sure who you're going to meet or how things are going to turn out or if you really do need that rescue call; not that I'd really know too much about blind dates anymore (having been married for almost a decade) but I'm guessing I'd want to have a rescue call set up. Just in case.

So I guess I'll start. I'm Julie. I work full time as a registered nurse in primary care in northern Manitoba, Canada. Last August I started a blog (www.dosedependent.me) and discovered that I love writing, especially writing about faith and food - sometimes together and sometimes separately. I have recently taken a little mini hiatus from posting on my blog - life, family, young child, full-time work and one more ball in the air makes it hard to juggle. However I imagine I am not alone when I say that I find myself wishing now that I could write for a living but I am completely unsure of how I would do that. I believe that everyone who surrenders their life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ has a call on their life, each one as the Lord wills and determines; I feel as though God is calling and gifting me to write and to speak for Him but I cannot at this time imagine what that will look like or how it will unfold. Especially with access to the world wide web; why, it seems like everywhere you turn there is a writer or a speaker or a ministry; what drop of water could I possibly contribute to this endless ocean? One thing I do know is that I am often impatient, wanting to "help" God along so I can see this story, my faith journey, unfold. Tonight a friend told me that her passion is to base her life on the unchanging word of God and not on other temporal things that could potentially distract her, including her calling. As I sit here and type my introduction to this website (seeking for what? connections, validation, encouragement, ideas, leading) I am challenged by my friend's words, challenged to let God be in control of how my life unfolds, of what doors open, of the ifs and whens and what He considers will bring Him honor and glory in my life instead of seeking to manipulate or control my perception of His calling.

And so, with that reflection at hand, I am unsure if we will have a second date or not. I have enjoyed this blind date but I am not sure if you are the website God has for me; maybe we'll just be friends, and if so, that's ok.

Thanks for reading.

Blessings

Julie:)

Welcome Julie! Glad to have ya with us.

Blind date? That's a great comparison. Lol. :D I see truth in that. So far the people I've met on CW have been so kind and have offered nothing but help and support. You're sure to find awesome resources here, and encouragement as well.

Your blog looks amazing by the way. It's always pleasant to see so many talented blog writers here.

Blessings

Welcome, Julie! I'm new as well. There are a lot of amazing people on here, so I'm sure you'll love it. Blessings to you, Doll! :-)

LOL David beat me to it! No, we don't bite! Some of us might drool a little though. :rolleyes: Glad you joined our writing family. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Archived