Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What is your favorite genre to write?

I started in YA, but I've developed more of a literary style that works better in adult fiction. My current WIP is a contemporary Christian thriller.

I chose Horror. I write something a little closer to Dark Suspense' date=' but when I think of[i'] suspense/thrillers[/i] Tom Clancy comes to mind. . .but, really, I like writing horror/suspense/thrillers. And I could see myself writing just about any genre other than romance or comedy (two genres I feel totally unequipped to deal with).

Just out of curiosity, what do you get out of writing horror?

Most of my career (quote, unquote) has been spent writing fantasy, but I have ideas in my head for many science fiction stories, mysteries, and more. I've also written nonfiction stuff that I'm not sure how to classify. It's mostly my thoughts on God, Scripture, and Christianity and such. While that isn't exactly "fun" to write, it has helped me to see God more clearly, and to marvel at and rejoice in who He is. So I guess it's a tie between that and fantasy. For now...

I write mainly poetry and fantasy. I write poetry because I love it and fantasy because with it I can put in Christian attitudes to a non-Christian audience and plant the seed for someone else to water.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.