Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What is your favorite genre to write?

I tend to write poetry. It is always on my heart and seems to come the easiest by far for me.

I write a blog and occasionally post some of my poems on there as well.

Melody-Mae.

melody-mae.blogspot.com

It really doesn't matter with me. If I'm passionate about the idea, I don't even think about what genre it is until after I've written it.

I Love writing a good Christian Romance - with maybe a little Suspense/Thriller/Mystery tossed in to keep the reader turning the pages! B)

You know, whatever I write ALWAYS turns out being historical fiction, as far as novels go. I just realized that. And I have no clue why. Because I honestly don't even enjoy READING historical fiction. Strange.

I love to write inspiring stories with biblical preference, as a means to share Gods love with all. I write the occasional poem with the same preferences and I also enjoy writing Christian rap, whatever God lays on my heart at the time

Non-fiction in the Christian Living category especially in personal experiences through daily trials and errors.

I'm a Christian songwriter and have wrote, (and performed) in some church skits and plays. But my present wip is a (possible) trilogy that I call Sci-fi/Romantasy. I have to add romance, I'm hopeless, I know.

I don't read a lot in the sci-fi/fantasy genre, (as some of it would compromise my values) but as a lover as Star Trek TOS, and the 70's Star Wars movies I grew up on, I have a fondness for the sci-fi genre.

I'm glad to see others here are writing in these genres as well. I thought I may be the only one! :) Now if we could just finish them and get them out there...

Poetry and short non-fiction mostly. All Christian focused or heavily influenced. Tend to challenge & urge other Christians to think & stay grounded in the Word. I study & work with/in God's creation so that is an ever present theme, also. Being a photographer & artist influence the category my work would fall under as my writing is usually combined with them.

All high fantasy all the time. The sense of wonder and joy and pervasive hope of something like LotR, or Terry Pratchett's Discworld, gives perspective on the real world. You can talk about pride and fear and guilt and the entirety of the human condition while leaving no room for doubt that things are somehow going to be alright. Also, magic fireballs are awesome.

Guest Adriana Gabrielle

Christian YA Contemporary for me :)

Thanks Adriana for letting us know. I see you're a new member. Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.

Guest Adriana Gabrielle
Thanks Adriana for letting us know. I see you're a new member. Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.

haha no problem :P and yeah I am. I heard about it from my friend :) and thank you! I'm already liking it and I haven't done much yet :P

I love medieval times, suspense, nothing too creepy- though I can imagine very scary vivid images (whether I want to or not). I am currently trying modern day kids with problems of different kinds who get saved in the end.

Dystopia, but on a Revelation based level. I've always been drawn to broken worlds that are a product on mankind's destruction, and as a Christian of course I'm going to write about the end times and how mankind cannot survive without God in charge.

I suppose the genre I write is historical fantasy, or some blend of the two. I also enjoy writing historically-fictional Biblical works, trying to show Biblical events from the perspective of the person in the Bible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.