Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What is your favorite genre to write?

I spend most of my time writing fantasy. But I do have an idea for a historical fiction set in the American West, as well as a modern detective series set in Cincinnati. At the moment, I am working on a espionage/thriller set in a castle in England. And I would still like to write some science fiction some time inthe future. Too many ideas, not enough time..... ;)

If I could have picked more than one I would have picked several

Romance

Christian Fiction

Sci fi

Historical

Follower Here

What's in my heart is Christian Fiction, Whats in my head is True stories from my life.

Most of what I have written is Suspense/Thriller, Mystery or Poetry, but I must say that I am rather enjoying the Fantasy/Sci-fi genre!

So, in a few words: I'm torn - I guess right now, I'm hooked on "The Sehret Chronicles," so I'll go with Fantasy/Sci-fi (although I forget what my vote was in the actual poll - oops! :rolleyes: I think it was Suspense/Thriller - those are so much fun to read and write!)

I am still testing,testing,testing...... Presently i am an apprentice in the non-fiction Christian book writing-workshop in which this site is one among them!

However i am gunning for more fields in there,God willing and all to His glory.

These days I'm writing fantasy almost exclusively, but I intend to get back to writing some science fiction in the future. But other genres are tempting, too. I'd love to write at least one Western.

Right now I'm focusing mostly on inspirational writings, devotionals, Bible studies, etc. I'm thinking about crafting a novel that I will jazz up using some of my real-life experiences and learnings from my walk with God.

My first two books are religeous non-fiction, but what I'm writing right now is religious fiction and I'm loving it. I'm having a hard time classifying it, but maybe one of you could tell me exactly what type of fiction this is.

I put it here:

http://christianwriters.com/showthread.php?36179-Thy-KINGDOM-COME-(My-First-Attempt-at-Fiction)

I recently wrote a romantic short story and really enjoyed the process. It also has some comedy in it so I was laughing as I wrote, which ws a lot of fun. Most of what I'm written is children's novels and stories, and I enjoyed that as well. Writing the romance was more enjoyable though so I'll have to say that 's my favorite genre to write.

Definitely Christian non-fiction, mostly for women (although I have some male readers on my blog). I admire anyone who writes fiction. (I'm afraid mine fiction would sound goofy and contrived). I have to write from a Bible study perspective. Like I said, I admire those of you who can make a story sound real. Hats off! And to Mr. Wallis, your poetry is excellent. You're right. Less is more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.