Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What is your favorite genre to write?

Funny, but, as far as novels, everything I write turns out to be suspense/thriller....even when I set out to write something funny. The only exception is my historical series.

Yay! The polls are back! :D

I voted sci-fi fantasy, but I also write lots of historicals. Like to mesh 'em whenever I can. ;) But... since when are historicals automatically paired with romance? :confused:

Yay! The polls are back! :D

I voted sci-fi fantasy, but I also write lots of historicals. Like to mesh 'em whenever I can. ;) But... since when are historicals automatically paired with romance? :confused:

That's my exact thought. In reality, Christian fiction is too general. If it hadn't been there, I would have voted historical/romance, although I write mainly contemporary fiction that is about 10-20% romance, the rest of the story is normal everyday life. Kind of like real life. We have to have a little romance in our everyday lives, and there's a lot of thriller, sci-fi, and mystery that includes romance. I think historical and romance should have each been their own genre and delete the fiction selection.

I chose Horror. I write something a little closer to Dark Suspense, but when I think of suspense/thrillers Tom Clancy comes to mind. . .but, really, I like writing horror/suspense/thrillers. And I could see myself writing just about any genre other than romance or comedy (two genres I feel totally unequipped to deal with).

I am just beginning. I have journaled most of my life, wrote songs and poetry. I want to write Biblical-based children's books.

Guest kdawgs34

I like a mix of action, thriller, humor, and spiritual elements.

Romance, i can't help it. I tried to write a little of a drama/adventure exercise, but when the theme is 'true love never dies'. I had no choice, it had to have some romance.

But all my romances had Christian values in it. I can't write without putting some of that in there.

Also i have written devotionals, one is published and one is to be published for a daily devotional next year (late this year)

MEL

Suspense, thrillers, and horror. Heck, even the fantasy I just started is really a psycho-thriller (think "Hannibal Lecter meets Gandalf").

You know what is really interesting about this poll? We may be looking at the future stats of Christian Fiction, providing we all gain a fair amount of success. . .and let's hope we do. :)

I just love to write. I write mostly fiction, with my strong area being sci-fi/fantasy/adventure. I've also written several songs, and I've dabbled in suspense/horror. On the nonfiction side of things I've written books on learning Spanish, learning music, and most of all Biblical studies (mostly off-shoots of messages I've done or FAQ's by my online church group). I also translate (English/Spanish and vice versa).

Fantasy for Children / Young Adults, but I didn't see an option to select both ;-)

Thrillers w/ some SF elements, but not enough to call SF. Some Fantasy in the works. Trying to figure out how to do some Science Fantasy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.