What's that one theme that just keeps popping up over and over in your writings?

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
Adoption has played a part in over half of my books. I am not sure that is a theme but I love how adoption:

1. Is very relatable as to how god has adopted gentiles to his kingdom

2. That there is an alternative ending to a couple getting married and having children. They can adopt as well!

3. That readers know adoption (and foster care) is often difficult, but an honorable consideration to make

4. Adoption is for life. It is not just something you get for a few short years. It is a forever-family member

Toni Star

May 6, 2008
Adoption has played a part in over half of my books. I am not sure that is a theme but I love how adoption:

2. That there is an alternative ending to a couple getting married and having children. They can adopt as well!

3. That readers know adoption (and foster care) is often difficult, but an honorable consideration to make

4. Adoption is for life. It is not just something you get for a few short years. It is a forever-family member
Love your words about adoption.

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020

Wow, those are wonderful reasons to put that in your writings! :D And wow, six adopted brothers and sisters?? Props!

PenName

Tired Teacher
Jun 4, 2018
All of my books so far have dramatic separations and reunions between family members. Still haven't figured out why love writing that particular thing so much. 😂

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
I like to write books that entertain; that make the reader want to keep reading to see what happens next. I still need to work on this; I've become a bit rusty.
I found the key to writing page turners is simply having change in the book

The first is to have the main character change 180 degrees from the start to end of the book. I mean if they don’t change; what is the point?

The second thing is to have change from the start to end of each chapter. Again, if nothing changes why read about it?

It need not be hard core action. Like a character going to church. If they just go to church and then leave; we’ll that is kind of dull. But if a character goes to church and feels guilty, convicted or squirms in their seat feeling as if God is talking straight to them, then it has meaning. There was change in the person going to church

When I edit after my first draft I make sure there is some sort of change in every chapter. If there is not, then I might cull the entire chapter or majorly rework it

Recent Discussions