What it is all about!

Alley

Superwoman
Apr 16, 2018
I wanted to share this video about how a song impacted the life of a non-Christian. While we write stories and screenplays, and most of us don't write music, I think it is a perfect reminder that God calls us to action. Our job is to place out what God called us to, and He will take care of the rest. We might never know what impact it has this side of heaven, but if it helps even one; draws even one close to God, it is worth it!

Most of us have a story about how something unexpected impacted us, and the person will never know. If you feel comfortable, I hope you will share with us.

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
I think that is just it, we don’t know and this must trust god who does.

I always thought that quote about footprints in the sand and god carrying us through the hard parts of our life was kind of cheesy. But then I met a man of god who was saved by reading that poster in a dentist’s office.

We just don’t know the impact that we will have.

Myself, I don’t like music so o would never write a song, nor be impacted by one because I seldom listen to them, but just because I dislike music does not mean it’s not powerful for others.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Thank you, Alley. So good to "see" you, sweetie! Thank you for this. It's true. Little do we know the impact of what a few words said or written, or a song or something other, can have on another person. ❤️

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
No

Me and my girlfriend laugh about this ourselves because she is like me and dislikes music too. We have other similarities but the world seems obsessed with music so we consider it funny that we found each other

It’s a struggle at church because our church does four songs before they get to the good part, but it’s seems kind of rude to just come in for the sermons

As a side note, we do not watch much tv either

Toni Star

May 6, 2008
I love the song, "May the good Lord bless and keep you." Song composed by Meredith Willson. After our choir sang a capella, we would often sing this song at the end.

Here are the lyrics:

May the good Lord bless an' keep you,
Whether near or far away.
May you find that long awaited,
Golden day today . . .

May your troubles all be small ones,
And your fortune ten times ten,
May the good lord bless and keep you,
'Til we meet again . . .

May you walk with the sunlight shining,
An' a blue bird in every tree.
May there be silver lining,
Back of every cloud you see . . .

Fill your dreams with sweet tomorrows,
Never mind what might have been.
'Till we meet again . . .

"Till we meet again . .

May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You " is a popular song by Meredith Willson,

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Now THAT I can understand. We never watch network TV. We have antenna and Roku and 100 other channels, none we pay for. However, close your ears, I do listen to music most of the day. Very calming soft jazz on the TV with a beautiful background. ;)::D

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020
No

Me and my girlfriend laugh about this ourselves because she is like me and dislikes music too. We have other similarities but the world seems obsessed with music so we consider it funny that we found each other

It’s a struggle at church because our church does four songs before they get to the good part, but it’s seems kind of rude to just come in for the sermons

The musician in me is stunned. However, I'm with you on the television part. We got rid of cable a couple years ago after it became expensive, and I've been fine watching movies every other Saturday! :D (Although it has been a bit more of an every Saturday thing now...haha.)

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020
Wow. I didn't honestly a song like that could have such an impact! (I haven't heard that song in a while; so that's where I'm going with that lol.)

Recent Discussions