Writing & Publishing What Christian fiction books have you enjoyed?

Cool. Have you read the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye? If so, how would you compare Peretti to this?

Awesome! Yeah, they are really great authors. And yes, they are self-published. I guess if you don't go through a publisher, it's a lot harder to get your books out there where everyone can see them. Until now, lol. I hope you try one of their novels. If you're reading D. I. Telbat, I'd suggest you start with the COIL series. All of his series continue off of each other, most of them anyways, so it's best to start with that one.
Since they're not well-known, how did you find out about them?

So many indie authors have fallen under the radar. This makes me wonder about this side of publishing. 🤔

Since they're not well-known, how did you find out about them?
Well, I heard about D. I. Telbat when I was six years old, so I don't remember how I found him. As far as Adam Blumer goes, I think I found out about him from scrolling through hundreds of pages of novels on Amazon.com. He was way far down on the list, but I'm glad I found him.
So many indie authors have fallen under the radar. This makes me wonder about this side of publishing. 🤔
I agree. I wish there were a way to get their names out there more, but I don't think there is.

Yes, of course we have our own way of presenting Jesus and his message to the world, but I was specifically asking about overt Christian themes, etc. I like that your Leoshine series is pretty overt. How is it being received
I think Leoshine is love it or leave it. If readers don't connect, they don't try to push through anyway. Those who do connect are very strong in their praise and eagerness for the next book.
Yes, of course we have our own way of presenting Jesus and his message to the world, but I was specifically asking about overt Christian themes, etc. I like that your Leoshine series is pretty overt. How is it being received?

I think Leoshine is love it or leave it. If readers don't connect, they don't try to push through anyway. Those who do connect are very strong in their praise and eagerness for the next book.
Okay. Good to know. Before you wrote, did you always want to go with an overt theme, etc.? And will you continue this way or change overtime?

Okay. Good to know. Before you wrote, did you always want to go with an overt theme, etc.? And will you continue this way or change overtime?
I don't know that the theme is the overt part. For Leoshine, it is the world building. The characters live in a world where God is known and worshiped. It is a bedrock that they share with the people they are helping in other ways. The main theme of the story is mercy; what is it and how is it implemented. Mercy is only possible with God. I hope the story says that loud and clear!

Recent Discussions

Back