Christian Writing "We're In A Tight Spot!"

Grey_Skies

Struggling writer hoping to make dreams come true
Dec 27, 2020
Oh my goodness, I feel that so much! When I was a few years younger, I wrote three of my old characters into a Mexican standoff, and unfortunately didn't have it in me to write them out of it. 😅

However, a much better tight spot is coming soon, in a few future chapter of my current WIP, in which Finn narrowly avoids being burned at the stake by the superstitious people of Timber Gulch.

May 24, 2017
I had Avram swear that no one in his kingdom would kill Wol. Yet Wol had to die brutally by someone's hand for the story to complete. Then I realised that one person did not swear allegiance to Avram. Someone small and unnoticed...

paulchernoch

May 19, 2005
I got my hero out of an impossible situation the old fashioned way: I had the villain secretly spring him Because it served his purposes. The escape opened a brief hole between Purgatory and Earth which the demonic villain needed so that he could transport a weapon between worlds.

Zee

Mar 1, 2019
I've been writing suspense, so all of my stories include at least one "tight spot." Hard to decide which is the tightest...maybe I ought to take a poll. In the latest (published) one, the hero ended up trapped underneath a smouldering building. That was pretty tight. Hot, too.

Johne

Staff member
Sep 27, 2005
I went the Tom Sawyer route with a good double-cross, followed by a double-down. I didn't know what I was going to do, but desperation pushed me to innovate (and by 'innovate,' I mean 'go to school on the masterworks').

Claire Tucker

Copyeditor and Proofreader
Jan 26, 2018
I had a showdown between a god of the desert (so supercharged powers) and a shapeshifter (she had her mortal love interest back her up). They "lost."

How I got out of it was having the god decide to punish the shapeshifter by killing her love interest but leaving her alive. That became kinda important later.

Aug 10, 2013
In my Bible stories, lots of people find themselves in tight spots. And we know how that goes. Probably the tightest was Isaac on the altar.

Recent Discussions