Prayer Request Too Many Problems

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
These are scams, William. Do not ever click on them or respond to them. Just delete them. I've mentioned this before but the way to check them is to hover your cursor over the name of the one sending the email. You'll see that it's not from whomever they say it is.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Hmmm...since I don't have a cellphone, I don't know how you can check who is sending the text. Though they probably already know, it might be a good idea to tell them about it. They may ask you for the email but do not send it to them unless they ask. They will probably have a specific way they want it sent.

Paul but not THE

Feb 12, 2021
I thought everything was settled, but now there's something else.
On my cellphone I've received the following message:
"CitiHelp: Your debit has been closed. please visit (some link) regain normal functions."
I do not have an account with CitiBank; so I don't have a user ID or a password with them; and I can't get through to them.
Does this sound like some kind of scam?
Oh yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:

M. D. Boncher

Dec 9, 2021
Yep, no doubt on my end. Delete any alert from a place you have no account with. Block them if you can. They are identity thieves. Do not respond to the email or text.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Yep, no doubt on my end. Delete any alert from a place you have no account with. Block them if you can. They are identity thieves. Do not respond to the email or text.
It's like I already posted here. I don't have any Citibank account. I've informed Citibank Security about this. The identity thieves didn't send an e-mail. Their message was on my cell phone. Their phone number's Area Code begins with +180. According to Lynn Mosher, that Area is in India. Believe me. I'm not making that phone call.
Thank you.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Okay. Now I'm being careful. I just took an on-line test to win a $1000.00 gift card. It looks like I've won. The test is sponsored by Ymbed Pearelesis.com. Does anyone know anything about that website? I want to make sure I'm not being scammed.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
There is no site with that name. I think you've been scammed. You didn't give them any of your bank info, did you?

Johne

Staff member
Sep 27, 2005
I just took an on-line test to win a $1000.00 gift card.
Brother William, just as there's no thing as a free lunch, there are no free $1000 gift cards because you took an online test. You can safely ignore all such attempts to scam you of your personal information or your money. This alone will increase your peace of mind.

M. D. Boncher

Dec 9, 2021
Unless you are the one reaching out to the business online and you know for an absolute fact that they are that business, do not accept or answer any emails from businesses saying you won anything, "there's a problem with your account", or "We've been trying to reach you". They're all scams. If the scammer is impersonating a company, independently verify they're a real company, and call their fraud line first. And never take online quizzes. They're designed to steal your information one bit at a time and either sell on "suckers lists" or to find ways to steal more.

Oh, as a special warning, NEVER put your REAL birthday online. That is the key that unlocks access to your medical files. Anyone asks for it, it's because you called them first, or you're standing in their office.

Be safe!

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
I thank all of you for your very helpful advice. As I said, I avoided sending any personal information.
As for dealing with a company that I know is reputable. This morning I was in the local Stop & Shop supermarket, where I am a regular customer.
To help me get through this difficult time, I went to the Customer Service desk, where I got myself a customer discount card, which shows the printed words, "Download our mobile app or visit us online to link this card to a digital account to start saving 15% or more!"
I thought that might be all I'll need. When I went to the Check Out, I used the discount card, linking it up to my digital account. Then on the receipt I saw the words, "2022 CARD SAVINGS $0.00."
A Lady Cashier told me "The discount doesn't cover every item."
I still thank the Lord that I was able to purchase what I need. I will continue to thank him for providing me with everything I will need; not only during this difficult time, but also after it's ended.
In Jesus Name.

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
Not sure if this helps, but I look at my money a bit different than most people

I look at my money as a little pile that everyone wants to take. It may be for real life things like paying the electricity bill, or buying my daughter a birthday present, but it might be from scammers. Either way I always picture myself hovering over it and protecting it any way that I can.

In the case of electricity, yes I have to pay that, but how can I minimize how much I pay them (electrical conservation). Or how can I minimize car costs, which is buying used, paying cash and not having payments.

It is somewhat of a cynical way to look at money, but everyone wants yours, and they do not care about you.

Now that does not mean I bc am not charitable. I give a lot of money to charities, but they are well researched first.

Is it really my money? No, it is Gods, but he has entrusted me with it and it’s up to me to be very careful and protective of it.

Maybe looking at money that way will help. Also see if your church does Dave Ramsey course on money. It’s really a great program that will change your financial life (he is a Christian who learned about
Money the hard way)

Recent Discussions