Blog The Sabbatical Is Over

simplyrhetorical

Jun 28, 2012

I am so tired of labels. I am tired of human editorials that tend to identify the preferences of the communicator. I am mentally fatigued by the endless bombardment of prejudices that have crowded the atmosphere of common sense. I am exhausted by the constant noise of those marching to the beat of a different drummer.

What we are facing in our country today is not caused by political affiliations and progressive ideologies; rather, it is a brazen, frontal attack of evil against righteousness. Satan has released a “nuclear” war against all that is good. He has declared genocide against Christians and Jews and anyone that would acknowledge the sovereignty of God. Satan’s army has masterfully outmaneuvered the army of God. Over the years, Satan’s army has slowly moved into an offensive position. Little victories went unnoticed by the Church. Methodically the forces of evil not only planted seeds of destruction but openly cultivated those seeds to produce devastating results. Into the homes, schools, industries, media, government, and even the Church, the destructive growth of evil flourished. While this was happening, the army of the Lord was on a “sabbatical.” Seeing there was no threat from the forces of righteousness, Satan became even more Bolden. Fearing no reprisals from God’s army, he released a great tsunami of evil. The Kingdom of God seems more interested in studying when the “besieged” Church will be rescued from the claws of defeat than they are in forming a counter-offensive against evil. Satan’s army has moved from laughing at the ineffectiveness of God’s troops to seeking their utter destruction. Hatred, violence, and anarchy rain on this once great country. Love, peace, and compassion have become archaic words.

The army of the Lord needs to go to the “pawn shop” and redeem their armor that the Lord has issued to every Believer. If Believers do not put on their equipment, they will be in for a very difficult time. The only part of that armor that is offensive is the Sword, which is the Word of God. Christians must use the Word with the authority they have been given. We must speak that Word. We must live that Word. We must share that Word. Satan fears God’s Word. He realizes that if Believers use that Word, his kingdom will be vulnerable.

This is not the time to display a label of being either Liberal or Conservative, Democrat, Republican, or Independent, or even the name of the church one attends; rather, it’s time to be a loving example of our loving Lord. One of the most effective weapons against the hordes of evil is to offer the goodness of God through His people. (Romans 2:4) Light will dispel darkness. Love will overshadow hate. Compassion will dwarf judgment. It is not the churches’ “creeds” but their deeds that can turn the battle! Get up, get going, get doing what Jesus has called the Believers to do! The Sabbatical is over!!!

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Amen and amen! You are so right. Years ago, I wrote a devotional called The Parable of a Different Christian and redid it some years later under the title Are We About Our Father's Business? I used the Scripture Luke 2:49, "I must be about My Father's business." If we are working with Jesus, then what kind of business partners or sales reps are we?

I wrote it from the perspective that the Husband (Jesus) had to go away for a while and left His bride (the church) in charge as the administrator of all His work and commissioned her to act in His Name and invest on His behalf.....

Her job is in jeopardy, for she is slowly forfeiting her business rights and she doesn’t even realize what she is losing. She is lax in asserting her influence, so the opposition flourishes while she is out on a coffee break.

Will the tactics of her biggest competitor cause the company to go bankrupt before she sits up and takes notice? Will he seize the property, rendering the business inoperable?

What is she to do? It’s simple. She needs to follow the Manufacturer’s Instruction Manual! The Owner left it for her to read. Why doesn’t she follow it?

~Sorry. Had to share that.

Ragamuffin_John

Oct 12, 2013

I am so tired of labels. I am tired of human editorials that tend to identify the preferences of the communicator. I am mentally fatigued by the endless bombardment of prejudices that have crowded the atmosphere of common sense. I am exhausted by the constant noise of those marching to the beat of a different drummer.

What we are facing in our country today is not caused by political affiliations and progressive ideologies; rather, it is a brazen, frontal attack of evil against righteousness. Satan has released a “nuclear” war against all that is good. He has declared genocide against Christians and Jews and anyone that would acknowledge the sovereignty of God. Satan’s army has masterfully outmaneuvered the army of God. Over the years, Satan’s army has slowly moved into an offensive position. Little victories went unnoticed by the Church. Methodically the forces of evil not only planted seeds of destruction but openly cultivated those seeds to produce devastating results. Into the homes, schools, industries, media, government, and even the Church, the destructive growth of evil flourished. While this was happening, the army of the Lord was on a “sabbatical.” Seeing there was no threat from the forces of righteousness, Satan became even more Bolden. Fearing no reprisals from God’s army, he released a great tsunami of evil. The Kingdom of God seems more interested in studying when the “besieged” Church will be rescued from the claws of defeat than they are in forming a counter-offensive against evil. Satan’s army has moved from laughing at the ineffectiveness of God’s troops to seeking their utter destruction. Hatred, violence, and anarchy rain on this once great country. Love, peace, and compassion have become archaic words.

The army of the Lord needs to go to the “pawn shop” and redeem their armor that the Lord has issued to every Believer. If Believers do not put on their equipment, they will be in for a very difficult time. The only part of that armor that is offensive is the Sword, which is the Word of God. Christians must use the Word with the authority they have been given. We must speak that Word. We must live that Word. We must share that Word. Satan fears God’s Word. He realizes that if Believers use that Word, his kingdom will be vulnerable.

This is not the time to display a label of being either Liberal or Conservative, Democrat, Republican, or Independent, or even the name of the church one attends; rather, it’s time to be a loving example of our loving Lord. One of the most effective weapons against the hordes of evil is to offer the goodness of God through His people. (Romans 2:4) Light will dispel darkness. Love will overshadow hate. Compassion will dwarf judgment. It is not the churches’ “creeds” but their deeds that can turn the battle! Get up, get going, get doing what Jesus has called the Believers to do! The Sabbatical is over!!!
Power-packed, SR, coupled with God’s heart to get us going. Thank you.

Recent Discussions