The Future of CW - Important Announcement!

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
As you may know, I've been looking at options for ChristianWriters.com and the best way to structure and maintain it moving forward. After much prayer and deliberation, I've decided to include ChristianWriters.com as its own separate sub-site under an overarching parent brand called BrightTopics.com. The move is already in progress and I expect it will be complete within a week.

What does this mean for our members?
  • Our site and features will stay, look, and function the same as they do now. There will be very little (if any) noticeable difference to our site.
  • The ChristianWriters.com address will take you to the home page of the Christian Writers site, just as it always has.
  • Your account, username, password, profile, posts, and all other information will stay the same.

What will be different?
  • Email notifications will be sent from (and reference) BrightTopics instead of ChristianWriters.com. Notifications will otherwise stay the same.
  • The address bar will read BrightTopics.com/christian-writers (or something similar) instead of ChristianWriters.com. This will not impact the pages or content in any other way.
  • Important: If you begin to see BrightTopics in your inbox or address bar instead of ChristianWriters.com, please don't panic or mark it as spam. The changeover is legitimate and safe and you are in the right place. :)

Why are we making this change?
  • Greater opportunities for our members - As other sites are added to the network, members will have the option to seamlessly join and participate in the other sites with their same login and account. This will open up a wealth of new features to our members, which is a very exciting development. It's also entirely optional, so members who prefer to stay only on CW are welcome to do so.
  • Ease of maintenance - Running a website is costly in time and money. Moving all the sites under one network will free up a lot of time and resources and makes running the sites much more efficient.

There is nothing needed on your end but to be aware of the upcoming changes.

I hope this helps explain the move and the process. Please feel free to respond to this post with any questions or comments. :)

Wes B

Mostly Harmless
Jul 28, 2019
Sounds exciting. I notice that if I type brighttopics.com into my address bar, it brings me right to this site. Yet if I type brighttopics.com into a google search, it doesn't show any site at all. Exciting and curious...

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
  • Admin
Sounds exciting. I notice that if I type brighttopics.com into my address bar, it brings me right to this site. Yet if I type brighttopics.com into a google search, it doesn't show any site at all. Exciting and curious...
Yep. :) The CW move is already done and I'm polishing up any rough edges. I wanted to give everyone a heads up before the URL and email changeover.

Cool, thank you for the update and info. Sounds great.
Thanks, Grey_Skies! :)

May 24, 2016
As you may know, I've been looking at options for ChristianWriters.com and the best way to structure and maintain it moving forward. After much prayer and deliberation, I've decided to include ChristianWriters.com as its own separate sub-site under an overarching parent brand called BrightTopics.com. The move is already in progress and I expect it will be complete within a week.

• Our site and features will stay, look, and function the same as they do now. There will be very little (if any) noticeable difference to our site.
  • The ChristianWriters.com address will take you to the home page of the Christian Writers site, just as it always has.
  • Your account, username, password, profile, posts, and all other information will stay the same.

What will be different?
  • Email notifications will be sent from (and reference) BrightTopics instead of ChristianWriters.com. Notifications will otherwise stay the same.
  • The address bar will read BrightTopics.com/christian-writers (or something similar) instead of ChristianWriters.com. This will not impact the pages or content in any other way.
  • Important: If you begin to see BrightTopics in your inbox or address bar instead of ChristianWriters.com, please don't panic or mark it as spam. The changeover is legitimate and safe and you are in the right place. :)

• Greater opportunities for our members - As other sites are added to the network, members will have the option to seamlessly join and participate in the other sites with their same login and account. This will open up a wealth of new features to our members, which is a very exciting development. It's also entirely optional, so members who prefer to stay only on CW are welcome to do so.
  • Ease of maintenance - Running a website is costly in time and money. Moving all the sites under one network will free up a lot of time and resources and makes running the sites much more efficient.

I hope this helps explain the move and the process. Please feel free to respond to this post with any questions or comments. :)
Thanks, Rebecca for the information on the upcoming changes. I'm looking forward to the merger. I want to thank you and all the others who devoted their time and efforts to making Christians Writers a wonder and inspiring site where you gave us the opportunity for us to share our Christian writings. I'm grateful it will continue onward. God bless you and your family.

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
  • Admin
Thank you, Walter! :) God bless you and yours as well!

KR LaLonde

What's a title? No, really. What is it?
Mar 8, 2019
Oh wow. Glad it won't be a complicated shift. (Simpleton right here) See you all there!!

Jul 14, 2022

What will be different?

Thanks for letting us know.

zx1ninja

They call me Z.
Mar 17, 2017
Rebecca, thank you for all the work you've done with CW in the past, never asking more from members except to use the site as we have.

Based on my experience running a website for a group, small as it was in comparison, enlightens and provides me an idea of what you've accomplished for the Lord. Operating a site such as this is no small feat with the amount of time and commitment running this site must take. It has glorified God greatly.

I pray the move will also allow you to spend more time with your family as the responsibilities will be spread out among others allowing a lighter workload for all.

I'm confident this move will allow the site to grow further as it is delivered from the humble beginnings you started to a maturity it can surely achieve. Thank you.

Z

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I greatly appreciate it. 🥰

Reactions: HK1
May 29, 2018
I have two question. When I type Bright Topics into my search window, I get the following statement in the upper left of my screen, NOT SECURE. What does this mean? Will it be corrected?

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
I have two question. When I type Bright Topics into my search window, I get the following statement in the upper left of my screen, NOT SECURE. What does this mean? Will it be corrected?
You're quick. :D I hadn't put the redirects in or installed the SSL certificate yet but have done so now. Yes, it is secure. :)

Last edited: