General Discussion Sanity, Pirates & G.K. Chesterton

Oct 15, 2022
"Of a sane man there is only one safe definition. He is the man who can have tragedy in his heart and comedy in his head."

"For instance, there are new schools where children are taught to play at being politicians. They are no longer left to play at being pirates, that infinitely more hounourable trade."

Both quotes by Mr. G.K. Chesterton. Both quotes that have inspired a complete plot, outline and 25 pages of writing...so far. Despite the tragic sub-plot of my next work, I'm really trying to inject much more humor in it. I pray for joy in the face of sadness, humor in the face of seriousness. AND, I pray you all will have a wonderful, creative, and happy week with Our Father.

Grey_Skies

Struggling writer hoping to make dreams come true
Dec 27, 2020
Cool! I love the quotes. May I ask what your plot is about?

Oct 15, 2022
Cool! I love the quotes. May I ask what your plot is about?
Think "A Christmas Carol" meets Calvin & Hobbes. My angel, Praesidiel (the connecting character who appears in almost all of my works), will be taking a dying boy on a different adventure each night of the last week of his life. Sorry, no spoilers other than...

Avast ye landlubbers, there be pirates in our tale. ;)

Grey_Skies

Struggling writer hoping to make dreams come true
Dec 27, 2020
Think "A Christmas Carol" meets Calvin & Hobbes. My angel, Praesidiel (the connecting character who appears in almost all of my works), will be taking a dying boy on a different adventure each night of the last week of his life. Sorry, no spoilers other than...

Avast ye landlubbers, there be pirates in our tale. ;)
That sounds so good! Once you've gotten the story underway, please do share it with us in the Critiques and Feedback forum. I'd love to read it.

Recent Discussions