Devotional Reasons why I love John: 14 verses 1-4

Toni Star

May 6, 2008
Reasons why I love John: 14 verses 1-4

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

I love these verses because they illustrate God’s love and promises. He promises “many rooms;” a place for you and me, that He will come back and take you and me to be with Him. What better and brighter future do we have than to be with the good Lord and to have a special place with Him in Heaven?

I can’t think of any future more promising, lovely and wonderful that to be with our Lord! With the way our world and country is going; I feel blest and relieved to know that when my time has come, I will be with Him and there will be no more tears, fears, anxieties or uncertain times. There will be peace, love, purpose and joy and that is a wonderful and true blessing!

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Amen and amen, Toni! :love:

(I hope you don't mind a hint. When you're quoting Scripture, take out the verse numbers. Especially in your writing. ;) )

Walter Kahler

May 24, 2016
Reasons why I love John: 14 verses 1-4

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

I love these verses because they illustrate God’s love and promises. He promises “many rooms;” a place for you and me, that He will come back and take you and me to be with Him. What better and brighter future do we have than to be with the good Lord and to have a special place with Him in Heaven?

I can’t think of any future more promising, lovely and wonderful that to be with our Lord! With the way our world and country is going; I feel blest and relieved to know that when my time has come, I will be with Him and there will be no more tears, fears, anxieties or uncertain times. There will be peace, love, purpose and joy and that is a wonderful and true blessing!
Lovely Toni. Thanks for sharing your love, joy, and trust in Christ. Yes, our future is bright, and I'm grateful God has brought us together to rejoice in His Glory.

Recent Discussions