Prayer Request Prayer Request to Get Me Through the Month.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Next time, just get new batteries, not a new remote. You'll save yourself some money.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Before you ordered a new remote, did you try replacing the batteries?
Yes. I did replace the batteries, but that didn't help. The remote is totally broken down.
Now I'm wondering if I'll receive both the new remote and cable box together? That means they'll both be set up to work together. If so, what will I do with the old cable box? It's not all that big, but I don't have that much room, and have no idea where I'd put it.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
You'd better find out if you'll be paying for a new box, which I think you will. Even your monthly fee may go up. Ask if it's normal to send a box with a new remote. Maybe there's some reason you need both. Ask them what to do with the old one. There may be a place where you can ditch it.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like I'll probably be postponing my giving of tithes to the Church. That's just temporary, until after I get my next SS payment.
This morning at Church, before Worship began, I told one of the Pastors that due to the problems I'm having, I'd decided to postpone payment of my tithe until after I receive my next Social Security Payment on June 3rd.
During and after Worship, I was thinking it over and decided to pay a tithe of what is now in my account, today.
I went to the Congregation's website donate section, and sent the amount over the internet. The problem is that it didn't go through, and I received a reply stating; "Something unexpected happened. Please try again."
I clicked off the Church's website. On my yahoo mail I saw that I'd received a Donation receipt as an automatic e-mail from the Church, thanking me for my contribution.
So, in spite of "Something unexpected', my donation did go through?
Now I think it's best for me to just be still and behold what the Lord will do.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Well here's something else to keep this narrative going. It's not about on line maintenance.
A few hours ago, I contacted Optimum, my on-line company. I told them that my TV's hand held remote control device has completely broken down. It's stopped working completely, so I ordered a new one, with written instructions. The person I contacted informed me that the new device had been sent, and would be arriving within 5-12 business days.
I just received the new remote control device. I've been trying to set things up. The cable box is turned on, but the TV screen isn't turning on. I press the otv button, but the light on the lower right hand corner stays red. The screen remains turned off.
I contacted Optimum.
I was told, "We can assist you only with your internet or cable TV issue"
I asked if there was anyone they'd suggest who might be helpful.
I received the reply, "The best I can guide you is to check with your TV manuals or TV technician."
A technician would be too expensive for me. I don't have any manual.
As I've mentioned before, a Pastor at the Church I attend is very knowledgeable about these things; with which he's helped me before. It looks like I'll have to contact him again.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
I don't understand. If you got the cable box and remote from Optimum, I don't understand why they can't help you with it. They should have a technician to help you.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
That's what I've been thinking. I'll contact Optimum again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've contacted Optimum again. I was assured, "You can easily arrange at tech visit, according to your schedule."

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Yeah, I thought that wasn't right. Good! Glad you'll be able to get it fixed. ::D

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
Yes; go for it my friend.

I got a nasty email from my ex.wife, was pretty bitter about it for a few days, then realized it was perfect for my latest work in progress novel.

But that is how a writer works, taking snippets of life and writing about it. It is part of making fiction real and memoirs relatable.

Also praying for you my friend

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
But that is how a writer works, taking snippets of life and writing about it. It is part of making fiction real and memoirs relatable.
I once wrote a story which begins with the words:
"He wrote on the back of a postcard. 'I'm in Oaxaca (Pronounced 'Wa-ha-ka') Mexico, on the first Tuesday night in February. I've been enjoying very warm days, very hot food, and good cold beer. Wish you were here."
Long before I wrote the story, I actually did write that message on a postcard.

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
My weirdest writing experience I have had was coming up with a fictional novel based on Siberia in 1919.

To me, the idea made sense as the entire world ran on coal at that time. So after doing the first draft of my novel, in researching the details…

Most of what I had dreamed up, actually happened in real life

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
One thing I learned about life struggles is…

No matter if you think another person is struggling more than you, or if you think their struggle is no big deal because what you endured seems far worse…

TO THEM… it is a big deal, and as Christian’s we are to meet people where they are at

Lazarus being dead was not insurmountable to Jesus, but he still wept for the man and his family

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Yeah, I thought that wasn't right. Good! Glad you'll be able to get it fixed. ::D
Hello again Lynn. I've finally got my TV working again, and I didn't need any technician. This morning I looked at the written instructions which had come with the remote control device. I was able to turn on the cable box and the TV screen. But couldn't change any channels. Now, continuing to follow the instructions, I've been able to change the channels, but I can't adjust the volume. It looks like I'll just have to continue following the instructions.
This means that this evening I'll be able to watch Channel 7 WABC TV New York for the local evening news. I'd been doing that on the internet, which is not as easy. I'll then be able to watch ABC Network News; which I wasn't able to do on the internet.
Later this evening, I'll be able to watch Andrew Womack, followed by Table Talk with Joni Lamb, on the Christian/Daystar TV Network. Channel 136.

Last edited:

Recent Discussions