Prayer Request Prayer Request for Sudden Financial Crisis.

Mar 6, 2017
The Bank where I have my account has been taken over by a different Bank. My old debit card has been deactivated, and I'm now waiting for a new one from the new Bank to be delivered. This has caused me a crisis. I have to delay payments for anything, either over the counter, or the internet.
I'm a senior citizen living on Social Security payments. I also receive EBT payments for food. That's a different account with a different card, but I have very little left. Normally, when the EBT runs out, I use my debit card, to pay for food. Now, until I receive my next EBT payment, on Oct. 3rd, I might not be able to do so.
There are other things that I'm just having to put on hold, until I receive the new Debit Card.
I'm obviously very anxious about all of this.
I know Jesus said, "Don't be anxious...". This just makes me anxious about being anxious.
He also said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."
He also said that wherever two or three are gathered in His Name, there he would be in the midst of them.
I think this means that we members of christianwriters.com are gathered in His Name, I ask that we should all pray to Him about this crisis I'm having. Then who knows? The next time I step outside, I might find the new debit card in my mailbox.
That's what I'm praying for. In Jesus Name. Amen.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
If you need to delay payments for utilities or whatever, call the companies and explain that you'll pay as soon as you get a new card. Or just send them a check. It will be fine, William. We had the same thing bank buyout. It didn't take long to get our card. So not to worry. Praying the card comes soon.

Mar 6, 2017
I. Or just send them a check. It will be fine,
Thank you Lynn. I do not have a checking account. It's all pay through the debit card.
The next bills for rent and utilities usually arrive at the beginning of the month. I'm sure everything will be okay by then. I'm just another one of the Lord's faithful but stumbling people, constantly praying for HIs grace and mercy, granting me peace of mind and a sense of well being. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020
Praying for you!

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Mar 6, 2017
Everything's now okay. This morning I received my new debit card in the mail. Then my sister activated it over the internet. I'm no longer living on the edge. The anxiety about it is gone. I actually might be able to sleep comfortably tonight. Then, as soon as I receive my scheduled monthly Social Security payment, I'll return to posting my weekly tithe to the church I attend.
I thank all of you for your prayers. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2017
My new debit card has given me an unexpected problem. I just tried to use if for the first time, by sending a tithe payment to the Church I attend. It didn't go through. I read the words "Your card's security code is incorrect."
Is the security code the three numbers on the back?
I need your advice, prayers and the Lord's help in this. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Mar 4, 2009
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Yes, the security code is the three digit numbers on the back. Sometimes the numbers can be hard to see/read. I have one that the 6 could be an 8. Praying you get this worked out.

Mar 6, 2017
Yes, the security code is the three digit numbers on the back. Sometimes the numbers can be hard to see/read.
The security code on the back of my card is ... The ? is not too clear.
I've sent a prayer request about this to my church's website. When I'm there tomorrow morning, I'm sure someone will be willing to give me a ride to my bank on Monday. Then I'll hopefully be able to get it all worked out. Before then, I'll have enough cash in my wallet to pay a partial tithe. Once things are worked out, my tithe, rent and utilities, will all be paid in full.
Thank the Lord. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
I missed this for some reason. I removed the numbers. The numbers 8, 9, and 0, and maybe 6, can look very similar, mainly because they put a line through the 0. Your sister may have typed them in wrong. However, if you read the numbers to her over the phone, you may have misread them. You should have your sister check it out.

Mar 6, 2017
This morning at the Church, a woman who's a member of the Congregation agreed to drive me to the Bank some day this week, so I'll be able to work things out, concerning the debit card.
Another thing. This morning during worship, I paid more than a tithe of the cash that was in my wallet. Now I'll "...be still and behold what the Lord will do."
"So Praise the Lord!" In Jesus Name. Amen.

Mar 6, 2017
This morning, my friend did give me a ride to the Bank, where one of the employees helped check out my card on their ATM machine. It was working properly. But the problem wasn't fixed. I asked if I could get a different card. She said it would take 7 to 12 days to be delivered. Now I think I should have asked if I could get a temporary card. I've used them before. I hope that wouldn't be a problem with this new bank. If I can find someone else to give me a ride, I can go back and finally get an end to all this. Trying to work with the bank over the internet is like wandering through a wilderness.
I ask for guidance and help in Jesus Name. Amen.

Mar 6, 2017
Things have apparently improved. About two hours ago, I again tried sending a tithe to the Church I attend, over the internet. This time it went through. I then tried posting a minor amount to another website. This also went through. I hope this means that the problem is fixed. I'll be able to pay my bills on time, and I can stop panicking.
Thank the Lord. In Jesus Name.

Mar 6, 2017
This morning, a different debit card with my name on it arrived in the mail, along with instructions on how to activate it. I think I should keep using the card I'm already using, and keep the one I just received inactivated, in a desk drawer, just in case there's a problem with the old one. Does that sound like a good decision?

Accord64

Write well, edit often.
Oct 8, 2012
I think I should keep using the card I'm already using, and keep the one I just received inactivated, in a desk drawer, just in case there's a problem with the old one. Does that sound like a good decision?
No. You should activate the new card and destroy the old one. The bank gave you the new one expecting you to use it. If you don't, they'll assume you didn't receive it (lost in mail) and close out the card. In fact, I'm surprised they're allowing you to use the old one.

Recent Discussions