Christian Writing If you use an image site for making your book cover...

zx1ninja

They call me Z.
Mar 17, 2017
For sure, Schultzie! :D Something that needs to be watched carefully.
I've used a couple of the free templates/images. I did read the information at the time, but clearly it's changed or I may have missed something. So a review seems to be in order.(Sigh) 😕 Just another way to stifle creative ideas all in the name of monetary gain 😒

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Yeah, you're right. The way things are today, with programs that make it possible to change anything in a photo or image, the copyrights are called into question. Lawsuits of all kinds abound. So it is advantageous for us to be fully aware of these things so we don't end up in a court battle.

zx1ninja

They call me Z.
Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, you're right. The way things are today, with programs that make it possible to change anything in a photo or image, the copyrights are called into question. Lawsuits of all kinds abound. So it is advantageous for us to be fully aware of these things so we don't end up in a court battle.
I don't know about a battle, but ... I know nothing
I know nothing

Jul 15, 2016
I pay artists for the covers that I publish, @lynnmosher , so I've never had to deal with that issue-- but nonetheless, I find it an interesting issue. I'll watch this thread.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Yes, paying is a good idea. Of course, if one doesn't have the resources to do that, then be extremely careful. ;)

zx1ninja

They call me Z.
Mar 17, 2017
Well, still looking little by little, but since I only used the free content, it's looking like I might be okay, not sure yet. But I can't use more. 😒 That means I'm paying now. I'll keep looking.

Recent Discussions