lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Woo-hoo! That's awesome, Jeff! Congratulations! Hope it stays up there. ::D

1653423600457.png

Jeff Potts

Apr 5, 2019
UPDATE:

It seems that I have slipped back to position #160-something, and I'm no longer in the list.

But what a sweet, sweet 14 hours, 25 minutes, and 13 seconds it was...

Jeff Potts

Apr 5, 2019
Well, it was a 4-ish day run. At one point my book reached up into the 20s. But, I'm competing with books that have a much longer legacy than mine. So, every gain I made was followed by a drop. The longest I was in the list was a 24-hour period (or, at least I think it was 24 hours) where I was consistently in the top 100. Not only that, but I was in the Top 100 in three listed categories on my book's Amazon page. Today (May 28th) I finally slipped below 100, and the freefall continues.

But, it was exciting and inspiring. It gave me a much-needed morale boost. Hopefully, the next time I creep over that line...maybe I'll stay there for a while?

In other news: two more ratings landed. I got another 5-star rating on Amazon, and a 4-star on Goodreads. Neither came with a review. It's not actual sales, but it's still a good thing.

I also suspect that in this period of time, I passed one milestone: 100 books sold. I can't confirm that until I get my audiobook sales info in. The distributor estimates I sold 8 of them, but I'm pretty sure I've sold more than that. I know of sales that weren't reported. All I need is about 11 audiobooks sold to put me over the top of my first goal.

And...I'm getting pestered by my fans, wanting to know when the next book will be out.

I. Have. Fans. I still haven't wrapped my head around that concept yet...

Jeff Potts

Apr 5, 2019
Right up there with Frank Peretti! We are honoured to know you!

Well, unfortunately, the glory doesn't last. I don't have enough past sales to keep me there. It was, nonetheless, a thrill.

It ended up being a longer than 4-day run. I was able to continue popping in and out of the same Top 100 list through the Memorial Day weekend. But now that my ad campaign is over, I don't suspect anyone will be seeing me there until the next ad run.

Between my Kindle sales, my non-Kindle sales, my reported audiobook sales, and my paperback sales I have definitely passed the 100 books sold mark. Now it's just a matter of finding out how far I passed it.

The thing I'm looking at is audiobook sales. I know I had a few during this period, because my ranking in Amazon in audiobooks rose and fell during this time. And there are other outlets that have sold my audiobook that are not coming back in the sales reports.

I now have a solidified advertising strategy I can use. It appears to be fairly effective.

Nicola

May 24, 2017
The thing I'm looking at is audiobook sales. I know I had a few during this period, because my ranking in Amazon in audiobooks rose and fell during this time. And there are other outlets that have sold my audiobook that are not coming back in the sales reports.

I now have a solidified advertising strategy I can use. It appears to be fairly effective.
Having that ad strategy is a huge deal! Work it hard and you'll see the reward! And of course be flexible in the details.

Jeff Potts

Apr 5, 2019
My audiobook sales have come in. I've sold 22 audiobooks according to Findaway for April.. The vast majority of those came from Audible. However, certain vendor stats - Google being one of them - are missing.

This is just the sales in April. I'll have to wait until next moth to get May's numbers.

Recent Discussions