General Discussion Hello, fall..........

Grey_Skies

Struggling writer hoping to make dreams come true
Dec 27, 2020
Yay, happy fall, everyone!

I'm spending this first fall day in Northern Georgia, where I have been since late August and where it is almost 90 degrees. I won't be going home until early October, which means I'll be returning to Michigan just in time for the cold weather. Lucky me! 🙃

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007

Grey_Skies

Struggling writer hoping to make dreams come true
Dec 27, 2020
I just looked it up and the temp must have truly dropped. It says it's 76.
Yeah, it cooled off and drizzled for a little while between 5:00 and 6:00, according to my aunt. I wouldn't know, as I was out cold in bed. I really needed that nap! 😅

I just got home from dinner with my aunt and cousin, and it's a lovely 78 degrees here now. But yes, the high today was 91 according to my weather.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Oh, that's right, Carolina. You're further north from me. I think.

Wow! I just checked. It's now 65. And with the windows open and the fan on, it's beginning to get rather cool in here! Low tonight will be in the upper 40s. Ooo...love it! :love:

Feb 10, 2022
@lynnmosher , I thought you were kinda cool until now, lol. Bring back the heat! Elk hunting needs colder weather, but I have been content hiking around and coming home without harvesting an animal. As long as we don't get any of that white stuff for just a while longer. :eek:) We seem to only have about 3 weeks of summer here in Wyoming.
(I love all four seasons)

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
LOL If you moved here, you'd HATE summer! It's gross! We had 53 days of 90s plus. With tons of humidity! It's gross in the Ohio Valley! We have the highest count of allergists in the country. I'd love to have only 3 weeks of summer! LOL :D

Feb 10, 2022
LOL If you moved here, you'd HATE summer! It's gross! We had 53 days of 90s plus. With tons of humidity! It's gross in the Ohio Valley! We have the highest count of allergists in the country. I'd love to have only 3 weeks of summer! LOL :D
Ha! I get it. I'm originally from deep, deep south Texas. Can't imagine going back to that again. With my allergies it was like breathing through a straw stuck in a milkshake. I'll gladly put on two layers of long underwear and several coats.

Mar 6, 2017
Yesterday afternoon, here on Long Island, the weather was very pleasant and mild. I was comfortably walking around outside in a short sleeve shirt. Today the temperature is around 50 degrees, with a very heavy wind. I went outside wearing another short sleeve shirt, under a sweater, under my trenchcoat; while wearing a hat for the first time in many months.
That's right. Like Humphry Bogart. I'm back in my trenchcoat again.
"So here's looking at you kid. We'll never have Paris, but we'll always have christianwriters.com."

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020
Huh, over here, first day of fall hit us with enough air to replace the air conditioning LOL!!! (At least, it felt amazing. Then I started feeling chilly outside Saturday morning lol.)

Recent Discussions