Hello Everyone ...

tedsaul

Oct 6, 2021
My name is Ted Saul living in Southern California. My history in books, publishing and writing goes way back. My father managed the Scripture Press Bookstore in Wheaton Ill and was involved in the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA). Check your history books for more information. He eventually became president of the organization before moving us out to California where he continued to work for SP as a territory rep. Growing up as an executive's kid gave me the opportunity to attend the conventions and be around every known publisher back then. I met many authors and it wasn't until later that I learned who they were. Even when I was a little kid the editors of the SP Sunday School curriculum would bring me new material to read to see how I liked it. My first real job was working in the warehouse for SP, packing and shipping books to stores. All that to say, Christian books must be in my DNA. I've been surrounded by them all my life :)

I am a musician and worship leader and have been involved in Christian music since the 70s. I've had a long career in the high-tech world that includes everything from operations to IT Director. Today I'm still working as an Account Support Manager for Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

After years of writing articles and documents, with a business, technical and worship focus, I believe God is leading me to write some complete books using my wide experience. What I'm working on currently ...

Project #1 is based on experiences on my recent health journey and has a focus on what God has provided to help us through the trials and tests he told us would come our way. This one is ready to be published.

Project #2 is a collaborative effort with an Emotional Intelligence Coach who provides consulting for CEOs of small companies like Ford and General Motors. He approached me because he knows I can take what he wants to say and make it readable. We are almost ready to publish the first book. While this foundational book has a more secular focus, the follow-on books will be targeted for leaders in the church and groups like married couples all from a Biblical standpoint.

And one other project in the pipeline almost ready for publishing is based on my Christian music experience which ranges from touring to concert promotion and worship leading. More on that another time.

Sorry if I've been too long-winded. That's what writers do, don't we? Look forward to interacting with many of you ... receiving help and providing help where I can.

Blessings to you all.

Ted

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Yes, it was to read about all that. You've had an awesome background. We're glad you've joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! ::D

tedsaul

Oct 6, 2021
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Really good to be here. I'm busily writing a book proposal to be submitted to MacGregor and Luedeke per a friend's recommendation. I'll see how it goes.

Ky_GirlatHeart

Taco or Pickle. Pick one.
Jul 25, 2020
Welcome! :D Hey, be long-winded! That's what we do LOL! What kind of sweet foods do you like? :D

tedsaul

Oct 6, 2021
Thanks. I used to be a Hostess Ding-Dong kind of guy but then I found out you are what you eat. So brownies are number 1 on my list these days. Can't say I've ever turned down a chocolate chip cookie from Chick-fil-a.

tedsaul

Oct 6, 2021
Thanks!!!!

Oh wow ... good stuff. If I ate all that I'd be able to finish a 250 page book in 2 hours.:D

That would be a good point of discussion though. What do you eat or drink to get the writing juices flowing? Maybe I'll start another thread.