General Discussion Happy Derby Day!

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
I just watched the Derby. The entire Horse Race lasted a little more than two minutes.
This leads me to wonder why, in human sports like Football, Basketball, Hockey, etc., does it take a half hour, to play the final two minutes?

Mercedes W.

Jul 14, 2021
I wouldn't mind going there to just be able to wear stuff like that, I think it would be fun :D always thought some of their outfits look really pretty.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
LOL Yeah, for sure! Accord 😅

It was some race! Whoa!

carolinamtne

Aug 10, 2013
Writing from the perspective of a day later, the expression above could certainly have been found on many faces at the end of the race! And did you notice the overhead shot where Rich Strike was actually "pole bending" through the horses to reach the front runners?

For those not in my part of the country, in pole bending, horses weave in and out of the poles as fast as they can.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Yeah! Wasn't that an awesome race? His turbo kicked in, didn't it? :D

carolinamtne

Aug 10, 2013
I don't think they are intended to be sensible. Eye-catching is often not sensible.

There is a children's book, Miss Hunnicutt's Hat, in which she wears a hat with a live chicken on her head

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
The only fascinator that seems almost sensible to me is the blue one with the the bow on top.
LOL Yeah, like Carolina said, I don't think they're supposed to make sense. Just be frilly. :D

Carolina, I think you've mentioned that book before. I gotta look that up! :D

Recent Discussions