FeatherPen

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
I guess my Username is a bit of a misnomer; I do use a laptop instead of a feather pen! :)

In terms of my personal walk with the Lord, I assure you it is strong, although it has been stronger granted, but shaken to the core a few times. I have believed in Jesus since I was 15 years old (and now and 48 (today)). For whatever reason, God has chosen me to be a modern-day Job, enduring many of the things that man did, as well as a few more. But while I have been inspirational to some during some of it, I have been a disappointment at other times. Through it all, God only asked, "is Jesus enough?" As I said in a memoir, "yes, Jesus is enough", but will admit that at some very dark times (losing a son/four rounds of cancer/working at ground zero), that I sure did not feel like it. So, rest assured, I can relate to many people that might have heart ache.

Writing wise, I am a prolific writer and have managed to write (9) books

A children's book
A memoir
5 modern-day mystery novels
2 historical mystery novels (1919 and 1772)

Typically I have a few books always cooking, and in various states of completion. I do have my own publishing company, and produce my own books, from authorship, to printing, to distribution. I started that because I do love Jesus, and want others too as well. To that end, all my books take the theme of the novel in their epilog's, and explain, and give the invitation for readers to get to know Jesus personally, or if maybe some have back-slided a bit, to return to a forgiving Lord. Because my novels are mysteries, a lot of secular readers have read them, and at least know the gospel message.

Typically I do not post a lot on forums because I do not have enough time to write novels as is, but while a realist living in 2022, I also love to encourage people. What better people to encourage than Christian Writers. I mean, after all, "the pen is mightier than the sword" and God gave us Jesus for 33 years, and the bible... his written word. I might die of cancer granted, but I have 9 books that will remain behind with the gospel message.

The big picture is not about me.

On here, you know that.

Encouraging the encouragers is time well spent, and why I feel this forum is thus a good use of my time.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
Welcome to our writing family, Feathehrpen, though you might get nicknamed FP ::D Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

There's also a birthday thread for you! :love:

FeatherPen

May 8, 2022
Welcome!!!!

I understand that completely. Don't think I've used a quill in my life. 😁
Thanks...

I am a HUGE supporter of both the First Amendment and Second Amendment, so I often use the Feather Pen as a way to explain why I still have the right to free speech even though I use a lap top, but have many guns at my house that are not muskets.