CW site - Scheduled Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
This is a quick notice of scheduled downtime for the ChristianWriters.com site sometime later tonight (September 7th) or early tomorrow morning (September 8th). We're transferring to a new (faster) server and the site will be down for a short time while we transfer the database. Expected downtime is approximately an hour.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
    I had a real problem with the scheduled downtime.  I couldn't log on to this website at all.  Not all day yesterday, and not this morning.

I was getting desperate.  Late this morning I logged onto a different writers website, where I'm also a member.

I posted the following message:  "Are other members of this website, also members of the writers website, christianwriters.com? That website is temporarily offline while performing updates. That seems to be taking much longer than I expected. More than 24 hours. Would anyone know what’s going on? I’m wondering if it’s being sabotaged."

I received the following answer:  "I’m not a member, but it comes up fine for me. Maybe try shutting down your browser and/or clearing your cache before you try again."

That's what I did.  I just unplugged my modem then plugged it back in. Now I have christianwriters.com back on line.

When it comes to using the internet, I'm not all that sophisticated. For me, it's like wandering through a wilderness. I'm glad I've had people to give me good guidance.  I thanked them, and I thank you for still being here.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
Now that the updates are completed and I'm back on line, I'm not receiving any notifications from this website, on my e-mails.  What do I have to do to receive them?

Status
Not open for further replies.