Concerning self publishing

Jan 13, 2019
I love to write stories. I daydream about being a successful author. But I lack the patience, skills and dedication to go the distance. I admire all of you who are tough enough and brave enough to do it. For myself I am finding satisfaction in writing and hand binding small number of stories I write specifically for my family and friends. I believe that so many of us have a story to share that may be a source of encouragement to even one person in need. A story that will let them know they are not alone in how they feel. Each one of us can touch and help another person with our words that will guide them towards understanding the Word. To reach out to thousands or just one , God desires for you to use your gift.

Aug 10, 2013
Welcome aboard.

Yes, the writing the story is the easy part, but there's help here for going beyond that. It's easier to market short stories than novels--more magazines than book publishers.

lynnmosher

Staff member
Feb 21, 2007
You know, BW, not all writers are designed to be published. Some write merely for the satisfaction like you. Your calling may be to reach those around you, and in so doing, you are fulfilling your call. Honing your skills is always a good thing so that what you write entertains, encourages, and blesses others. Success is not measured in numbers reached; success is measured by those who are reached and touched by your writing. Your encouragement to those around you will always be your fulfillment and, in the process, encourage you. ::D

Jan 13, 2019
You know, BW, not all writers are designed to be published. Some write merely for the satisfaction like you. Your calling may be to reach those around you, and in so doing, you are fulfilling your call. Honing your skills is always a good thing so that what you write entertains, encourages, and blesses others. Success is not measured in numbers reached; success is measured by those who are reached and touched by your writing. Your encouragement to those around you will always be your fulfillment and, in the process, encourage you. ::D
Thank you.

Recent Discussions