Meets & Greets A little bit about me.

Nehemiah

Oct 2, 2022
Hey everyone. I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself, even if I'm a little late. I've already been posting a bunch of stuff and have critiqued a couple of works, but I realized I never said who I was. So here goes.

I've been writing since I was twelve years old and have enjoyed every minute of it. My writing journey started out when my dad told me my handwriting was sloppy and jokingly told me I should do standards to improve it. (If you don't know what standards are let me tell you. First of all, I HATED doing them as a kid. Me and my brother's punishment whenever we did something wrong was to take anywhere from 20-100 pieces of lined paper, depending on what we did, and write the same sentence over and over and over and over and over... well, you get the point. Every line, front and back on every page had to be filled. We had to write, for example: 'I will follow the rules' or 'I will obey my parents', things like that. If you can't tell by now, I REALLY hated doing those).

Anyways, he ended up suggesting I start writing stories. He recommended I make them about a superhero. A superhero named Bob. :D I jumped on the idea, after all I was only twelve, and thus began my first stories ever. Even though I thought they were great at the time, looking back I can see just how bad they really were. The storyline was full of holes, nothing made sense, it was a mess. I still have those stored away, and even though the pages are yellowed now, I still break them out once in a while and read them over. It's always a good laugh to see how far I've come in my writing journey since then. Now, I'm in contact with a professional publisher, D.I. Telbat (I highly recommend his novels). He sends out a newsletter every few weeks and has offered to recommend my books in the newsletter whenever they are in tip-top shape. I'm working with him and his editor to get them in perfect condition and will be sending the prequel to my series out really soon on here for whoever wants to critique it.

I am currently in college, working towards a bachelor's in Literature. I plan to become an editor when I get out, probably In-House, but I haven't decided for sure yet. I really hope I can use my knowledge and the things I am still learning to offer some meaningful feedback. I'm soooo glad there is a Christian community of writers like this. I hadn't known such a thing existed until a few days ago.

A little bit more about myself: I love playing the piano, working out, hiking, listening to Christian music, and reading a good book (the Bible chief of all).

God bless y'all and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Wow, that's great, Nehemiah! So glad you joined our writing family. I looked up Mr Telbat. Very interesting book series. Looks like you're well hooked up already. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! ::D

I jumped on the idea, after all I was only twelve, and thus began my first stories ever. Even though I thought they were great at the time, looking back I can see just how bad they really were. The storyline was full of holes, nothing made sense, it was a mess. I still have those stored away, and even though the pages are yellowed now, I still break them out once in a while and read them over. It's always a good laugh to see how far I've come in my writing journey since then.
Welcome to the forums, Nehemiah!

This sounds very familiar to me. I started writing in the 4th Grade for Miss Kinane's class (where I wrote a short story about Teddy Roosevelt fighting tripod alien machines from Mars, heh). I still have stacks and stacks of story fragments in my basement. I wrote bits of dialogue and setting for a long time before I finally finished something. I competed in NaNoWriMo in 2004, the National Novel Writing Month, and completed the first rough draft of what is now a trilogy, THE ADVENTURES OF THE SKY PIRATE.

At first I wanted to write Christian SF/F, but over the years, I've changed my focus to 'normal people' who don't yet know God.

Welcome to the forums, Nehemiah!

This sounds very familiar to me. I started writing in the 4th Grade for Miss Kinane's class (where I wrote a short story about Teddy Roosevelt fighting tripod alien machines from Mars, heh). I still have stacks and stacks of story fragments in my basement. I wrote bits of dialogue and setting for a long time before I finally finished something. I competed in NaNoWriMo in 2004, the National Novel Writing Month, and completed the first rough draft of what is now a trilogy, THE ADVENTURES OF THE SKY PIRATE.

At first I wanted to write Christian SF/F, but over the years, I've changed my focus to 'normal people' who don't yet know God.
Awesome. Teddy Roosevelt fighting tripod alien machines might be a little bit worse than the stuff I came up with, but mine was pretty close to that. LOL. Mine was a superhero who could shoot needles out of his hands and ice out of his eyes. He could fly too, of course. They were horrible. Haha.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. Everyone is so nice around here. I wasn't expecting this warm welcome from everyone.

Thanks for sharing, @Nehemiah ! Welcome to our community. You can call me Grey. I'm guessing we're probably close in age, so so that's cool. I think you'll really find this a wonderful, worthwhile place to make connections, get advice, and chat with like-minded people.

Thanks for sharing, @Nehemiah ! Welcome to our community. You can call me Grey. I'm guessing we're probably close in age, so so that's cool. I think you'll really find this a wonderful, worthwhile place to make connections, get advice, and chat with like-minded people.
Thank you, Grey! How old are you?
I'm loving this place so far. It's nice to have a community of writers to talk to, and more importantly, Christian writers. I look forward to getting to know everyone here better and better.

Thank you, Grey! How old are you?
I'm loving this place so far. It's nice to have a community of writers to talk to, and more importantly, Christian writers. I look forward to getting to know everyone here better and better.
I'm 17, and just graduated high school last spring. Yes, for sure! I've been on this site for almost two years now, and I'm so thankful I found it.

Recent Discussions

Back